First bar on the fuel gauge.. How quick can you get rid?

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

weebob

Reaction score
Instead of all this worrying about mpg. How quickly can you get rid of the first bar? I'm not condoning hooning about... But having a proper drive is what the RS133 is all about.

Photo evidence is needed, showing your trip and the miles done and the first bar gone. Some honesty is needed as it would be easy to fix.

A challenge is afoot......

Weebob. I accept your challenge when I'm back tomorrow and sober. I driving to the beach for a few days monday and it's all a and b roads. I can't wait for this

It depends how much I fill up. :) If you keep filling it to round it, even if its already clicked off, you're effectively putting ever so slightly more in the tank. But the quickest its gone down has probably been about 9 miles.

And the longest I've gone before 1 bar has disappeared would have been on my way to Scotland this year, Banbury to Nottingham before I lost the first bar, which is a good 75 miles! I was remarkably impressed! :p

Sam":265nup5w said:
And the longest I've gone before 1 bar has disappeared would have been on my way to Scotland this year, Banbury to Nottingham before I lost the first bar, which is a good 75 miles! I was remarkably lost! :p
:D

So what are we classing as a full tank? To the 1st click or until it can't take any more?

but i managed 610km with 36 liters that day :D

but dont know how to manage more than 100km with one bar :D hehe

weebob":1asdny2p said:
Till the first click will do

Always fill to the first click.

Gavin's helpful money-saving tip for the new year: Always fill up early in the morning when the day is coolest. Because they sell fuel by volume, you get more fuel per litre when it's cold (liquids expand when they get warmer). :idea:

If you fill to the 5th click when it's cold, the fuel may vent out of the tank as it warms and expands, so you'll waste some.

On an 8 gallon / 35 litre fill, you could make a significant saving if you follow my advice.

Also, if today is a cold day but the forecast is for a warm one tomorrow, fill up today ;)

no trip to the beach for me today :(work and family commitments took priority, i havent forgotten though, this challenge is on!!

Well I have to be "sensible" for next few days as bout a 500 mile trip, so need to be light footed, although for pictures it shall be worth it!

Ive had 70 miles on the first bar but i was driving up the M40 at 50MPH :lol:

Twingogeekeo":24wus4ut said:
Ive had 70 miles on the first bar but i was driving up the M40 at 50MPH :lol:

Bad Karl this isn't how long you can last this is how fast it drops!!

Means you need to put your foot down ;)

I dont drive it to work that answer out :lol:

I might fill it up this week and take it for a drive seeing its been on the drive for over a week empty plus its filthy needs a good clean then i can cover her back up ;)