engine swap

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

connor_g

Reaction score
Hi guys. This is my first post and wondered if anyone can give me some help.

I had an RS and wrote it off by wrapping it round a lamppost, and have a GT now. The GT is ok 1st gear, but after that it just doesn't feel the same. So I was thinking about putting the RS engine in the GT. but would I need to swap all the front suspension, steering rack, subframe, or anything else, or would it be just the engine, ecu, loom, and inlet and exhaust? Any help on the 133 engine into GT would be great.

Thanks!!

You'd have to swap the whole front end.

Or... Pop in some bigger injectors, fmic, exhaust, and get it remapped to 130 bhp. Much cheaper

Check the mounting points the extra insurance over 2 years would be about the same as buying a duff 133

I know another RS would just be best, but only been driving a year and got 3 points too, so insurance isn't really in my favour. And what do they go like with 130 hp? Are they as good or better than the RS with that, and can they go much higher than 130 without changing internals? Thanks for all your replies though!! :)

connor_g":ygfxcfz0 said:
I know another RS would just be best, but only been driving a year and got 3 points too, so insurance isn't really in my favour. And what do they go like with 130 hp? Are they as good or better than the RS with that, and can they go much higher than 130 without changing internals? Thanks for all your replies though!! :)
Ahh fair enough.

Hi,
If you need any help with modified vehicle insurance please feel free to drop me a line.
Regards,
Dan.

connor_g":2rfatrvg said:

I wouldn't be too worried about how fast or how much more power I can get out of something if I just wrapped the last one round a lamp post.