door seals?..

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scotth133

Reaction score
Hey guys, would just like to know if any of you have had the same problem as me and that is when you get over 80 mph it sounds asif loads of air is coming in from both doors.?

Regards

my drivers side used to be noisy but then it stopped for some reason

scotth133":3islq8zf said:
Hey guys, would just like to know if any of you have had the same problem as me and that is when you get over 80 mph it sounds asif loads of air is coming in from both doors.?

Regards
Well just stay off the German autobahns then ;)

i have this problem im regularly doing 80+ on my 600 miles round trip once a month i have considered going back to dealer but what could they do? surely the seals wouldnt begin to perish enough to need replacing in 3 years :S

Mine was quite bad, the door seals where a bit hard, treated them with some leather and rubber cleaner from poor boys and it's made them much more supple and stopped most of the noise.

I've noticed that with all three of our Twingos in the family they all let in quite a bit of road noise.

Was driving my mum's car today and even at 30mph I checked the window on a couple of ocassions as it sounded like the window was slightly open.

I just give all the door rubbers a wipe round with Autoglym Rubber & Vinyl Care as it keeps them supple and they never stick in really cold weather. :)

don't freakin mention door seals.. had to replace mine not even a year later, although mine is a roadster. I bet Renault uses the same 'quality' rubbers and having a bad rubber is bad buisness.. if you know what I'm sayin :lol: