Dealer possibly curbed my alloy.

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the_notorious_C_A_T

Reaction score
Land of the free, home of the brave. Westhill
I picked up my car new from the dealer on Saturday, and it had the steering wheel not sitting straight so I took it to a decent place I know rather than the dealer as I don't trust them tbh and the tracking was out. So I got that sorted and just assumed it came from the factory wrong although I would have thought they would have picked it up on the pre delivery checks.

So I was washing my car and noticed my alloy is curbed, and I definately never curbed it myself and I believe that is the reason why the tracking was out.

Basically I must have missed it as when I picked up the car it was pretty dirty, which again makes me think that they purposely never cleaned it to hide it, although I could be wrong there but I know 100% that I never curbed the alloy as I always steer well clear of curbs and I would have known I'm pretty sure with how firm the suspension is.

Basically where do I stand on this as I get the feeling they'll just try and blame it on me. Also just as an example of the dealer in question, when buying it I negotiated a full tank of gas but when I picked it up they tried claiming it wasn't part of the deal, although I did get it in the end it's the fact I had to argue for something we agreed on.

Unfortunately because you didn't notice anything when you bought it they won't do anything... Unless they are really nice? Worth a try though...

If the wheel was curbed prior to the technician doing the PDI roadtest it would have been written on the PDI sheet but if it was done on the roadtest chances are they wouldn't admit to it and as far as how you stand with the dealer I am sorry to say if you didn't spot the wheel damage when you picked the car up they would just say you've done it.

I have had a lot of experience with dealers over the years and no matter how well they come across I wouldn't trust any of them, you should have refused to pick up the car if it was dirty as part of the on the road price includes a full wash and valet.

Yeah I was thinking that would be the case :(

Oh well not the end of the world just annoying as I've never curbed an alloy ever myself :( And makes me not really want to take my car there for it's servicing even though it's free, hopefully I can take it to another dealer but I'm not really sure on that for servicing.

Did you leave ot at the other garage where you had the tracking sorted?

Wouldn't be the first time a garage has damaged a car whilst parking it up after carrying out work.

curbed 17's are almost a fact of life due to the tyre profile not offering any protection.

Unfortunately, being as it wasn't noted when you collected it, they can easily argue that you did it, just as much as your blaming them. A goodwill gesture would be just that, but I wouldn't be too hopefull :(

RC22":2m3atpn0 said:
Did you leave ot at the other garage where you had the tracking sorted?

Wouldn't be the first time a garage has damaged a car whilst parking it up after carrying out work.

Nah I was there at the time and I do trust this other garage. Just the fact my tracking was out from the get go and the steering wheel not being straight does point to the dealer really.

Oh well not the end of the world but a bit annoying really!