brake discs- which ones to choose?

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
any chance you can edit the title of this thread and spell it correctly? it's playing havoc on my ocd haha

jamiejamweb":33ah037f said:
How? And anyone put brembo calipers on one?

Yes I believe so, theres a few companies who will do a size upgrade, seen a lad with Clio 200 disks wonder if a 406 upgrade would work? However it would take a bit of tinkering I'm sure

mwalsh":z5ekpipu said:
I run 300mm plug and play renault parts :)

and you're still going to bake in the same distance as someone with oem sized discs with a good pad compound because you're tyres are now the limiting factor and it only takes so much braking force to exert a force large enough to lock the wheel which anyone could achieve :p

although yours will cool much more easy than anyone elses and look so much fuller in the wheel :D

oscar":3m1pkmoz said:
although yours will cool much more easy than anyone elses and look so much fuller in the wheel :D

But they will weigh more, cost more and won't fit inside 15" wheels ;)

oscar":fk9anz6f said:
mwalsh":fk9anz6f said:
I run 300mm plug and play renault parts :)

and you're still going to bake in the same distance as someone with oem sized discs with a good pad compound because you're tyres are now the limiting factor and it only takes so much braking force to exert a force large enough to lock the wheel which anyone could achieve :p

parada spec 2 tyres :) and winter tyres. no problem with breaking distance although the only factor is the break pads due to it being a trail run.
Hoping to take on track next month as well for a test, then both front and rear will get up-rated compound pads.
As well as cooling with the correct pads on the track they shouldn't suffer brake fade as fast.

But as Neil has said it can be costly, I sourced carriers off ebay, £50, Brembo HC Discs are cheaper, OEM pads are the same price. But if ou went through Renault... OCUH!

60mm pots and 270mm rear discs will be on order over August as well, plug and play