brake discs- which ones to choose?

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The best day to break a disk is with a hammer

irony? is that another brake disc pun. seeing as though they're made of iron haha

no difference, the front discs are the same discs - same part number, same dimensions etc. somehow works out cheaper to order the clio 172 brembo max ... don't question it or you'll jinx the price lol

no i mean they are the same brembo part numbers for the 'brembo max' range on both models, not the same OEM part numbers. they are aftermarket discs jamie :) for example, the brake discs on the GT and the calipers, therefore the pads too are the same set up that features on the old clio williams. you also share the same rear discs and rear calipers (calipers i'm not 100 percent on, but i'm sure they'll be the same) as the rears on a megane (scenic etc) on certain models.

i see that someones now clocked this and rectified the price! i just found this link for you

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Renault-Twingo-1-6-RS-Hatch-Brembo-Max-Front-Brake-Discs-Genuine-OEM-Quality-/301065081764?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Cars+Type%3A1.6+RS%7CModel%3ATwingo&hash=item4618e093a4

Yeah I know what you mean but the link singlespeed sent was the standard brembo ones and looked at the link look good at good price shame no drilled and grooved though from brembo

the ones neil sent are standard discs, those come as OEM renault alongside valeo discs which are also HC (high carbon cast iron. they come with an increased silicone content which basically makes them cool a bit better than your usual 20 quid motor factor discs such as eicher, so on so forth). there really isn't any difference, they're just your usual run of the mill standard discs in terms of OEM RenaultSport but just come with the brembo badge. nothing wrong with them whatsoever, and in all honesty you wouldn't notice much difference between them and the brembo max unless you were going to do some hard braking on track days with an uprated brake pad.

the brembo max would be a better option for a fancy looking disc that's for sure, so best check to see if your current discs are brembo HC or valeo. in which case, the HC brembo's won't be ''better'' they'll just be a like for like replacement mate lol

I would uprate the pads definitely as I've got trw pads and I think the brembo max would be better than what I've got as they are the standard ones that cone on the car

the uprated pads can be quite expensive, you have a few choices. Carbone Lorraince RC5+ / RC6 pads. will skin you 100-150 depending on which one you go for. absolutely fantastic pads, most of the clio RS boys who track their cars a lot go with a CL / Brembo Max set up and it's more than enough for throttle bodied more powerful clio sports :) the other options are Ferrodo DS2500 which a few of the guys use on here. i'm a big fan of them also, but again are around the same sort of price bracket. EBC yellow / red stuff and mintex m1144 are another route to go down but much cheaper at around 50-70 pounds

I'm running the Brembo HC's that Neil posted with DS2500's and they're great :D My step dad always comments on how good the brakes are whenever he takes it out for a drive!

Yeah Oscar I was looking at the brembo pads the match the brembo max disc and yeah I bet he does but depends what he drives ha my dad did the same when he first drove it and he should of been used to sharp brakes as he had a clio rs at the time ha

Depends really, he has had a wide variety of cars in the past ranging from stupidly tuned cars to estate cars, he says it is one of the best cars hes ever driven for its brakes...

remember one rule here, which is something i see practically everyone overlook .... your brakes are only as good as your tyres!

oscar":1jsuccj5 said:
remember one rule here, which is something i see practically everyone overlook .... your brakes are only as good as your tyres!

I find sticking to the speed limit is the best :)