Blow out at high speed :/

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scottstwingo

Reaction score
Hi, so yesterday I set off for a trip down the motorway, 250miles journey, so before I set off I checked the tyre pressure all fine, checked my tread 5mm on the front 8mm on the back running on hankook s1 evos, anyway about 100 miles into the journey on the m6 at let's say a high speed, and bang I swerve a little, luckily I managed to keep it kind of straight... Anyway limped it to the service station less than a mile away... One dead alloy absolutely f***d... Looking at the tyre there is just a massive hole in the side... I didn't hit anything and the tyre wasn't damaged when I set off, so what the f happened

Maybe a massive rock flew at your tyre in an attempt to murder you

Glad you managed to hold on to it. Scary stuff sometimes. You must have; ran over something, ran tyre pressures too low, or just plain had a faulty tyre...chances are you'll never find out which though. I still don't know what caused mine but don't care any more, I wasn't hurt so it doesn't matter.

Yeah it's just an inconvience really... And now I need a new wheel, but hey ho give me a reason for some compomotives :)

A kerb pinch could cause that I suppose - had this on an old 106 (naf car but same theory applies) a kerb that appears to do no damage to the rim of the car (possibly could have happened when the car was out of your care, ie second hand, tyre fitters, mot centre etc... not calling you a bad driver) could cause the outer wall of the tyre to become weakened when pinched .... this coupled with perhaps a long time having the car sat still ... dunno - its possible.

Just a theory that has happened to me before - dont shoot me down :)

Yeah tbh I think it could be the girlfriend syndrome because after heavy questioning iv found out she's been bouncing it on and off the kerb at work a few days a week