BlackTwingo RS Cup

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jkc89

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I originally signed up on here as I bought a Blue Twino Dynamique, now I've upgraded to the proper version! A Black 133 with CUP chassis, engine seems in good nick and its been looked after pretty well.

The car is great but the first week of ownership has been very up and down. Unfortunately since I've had it this past week someone has keyed the drivers side door, anyone who's experienced this knows what it feels like. Hopefully nothing else happens now as I've setup surveillance.

Anyway good to be part of the exclusive club!

Caz-133cup":2fsfbk9m said:
Welcome.
I too have a black cup with a beautiful huge key mark, got it 5 months after getting the car brans new. I feel your pain :(

Absolute ****ards, there's no need at all. As the saying goes, Jealousy is one of the most powerful human emotions! Ive changed my profile now to reflect the change in build LOL.

One question though guys, and I've looked all over the forum reading various posts about this. How do you know when the car alarm has been activated? Because I've read the car manual and tried out the various steps, then tested the car by shaking it, even resorting to grinding down the thing (don't laugh ;) ) and the alarm hasnt gone off. Since owning it the alarm has gone off once and that was when a motorbrike revved up nearby which set it off. Confused.com!

Josh

Welcome back :)

jkc89":3upmw6nw said:
One question though guys, and I've looked all over the forum reading various posts about this. How do you know when the car alarm has been activated? Because I've read the car manual and tried out the various steps, then tested the car by shaking it, even resorting to grinding down the thing (don't laugh ;) ) and the alarm hasnt gone off. Since owning it the alarm has gone off once and that was when a motorbrike revved up nearby which set it off. Confused.com!

Josh
"grinding down the thing" :? really, what must the neighbours think :lol:
Once locked, theres a time delay before the alarm arms. I can't remember how long the delay is, but if yours has been set off by a motorbike then it works at some point

maggi112":37ueo0mf said:
Go to the petrol station with a passenger. Lock it twice and watch the lights flash as you walk inside. They'll soon tell you if it works.

big_184874daed8a820042175806675i_like_this_facebook_thumbsup1_zps921e9ab7.jpg

When you've locked the car the light will come on on the lock button by the hazard lights. When this goes out after a couple of seconds then it's armed

On some twingo's you can lock the car with the window down wait a few seconds and then stick your arm inside. The alarm should go off then

Tried the tests you guys suggested and the alarm went off so all good!

The difference in power is great and the engine sounds good, just a shame about the jealous simpletons. Aaah well.

Jarre":1xfs28n5 said:
does every RS has an alarm?
UK ones do... I think thats once they arrive in the UK. From the question, I guess Belgium don't fit them as standard

Jarre":244jl4x7 said:
ok thx, i will test it out tomorrow and i will let you know :)
no we dont have alarms as standard cause we tested it 2 years ago when we went to trax there was a guy with a UK wind vs Movingshadows wind

people could get in and out movingshadows wind with the top open without even setting of an alarm when the car was normally closed , if you did that with the UK version the alarm would go of if i remember correctly ... but yeah EU versions dont come standard with alarms (wich i find somewhat weird and what would it cost to install the original alarm ?)

Its strange that in some regions they don't come standard, then again you can buy better alarms on the internet. Depends how critical it is to each person.

well, they already tried to steal my car in the first week or so... i decided to park it indoors now in a secured place with alarm LOL

Jarre":1dc4zdru said:
well, they already tried to steal my car in the first week or so... i decided to park it indoors now in a secured place with alarm LOL

Absolute tools! Good idea, the gordinis are great cars, shame people cant just admire them instead of vandalise them.

Should be taking delivery of two cctv cameras before the end of week, hopefully this will discourage the simpletons.