bits and bobs

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scotth133

Reaction score
are they any cool little things you can do in the twingo like turning the automatic lights on that not many poeple know about ? only found out this morning i could do that aha

Automatic lights? How do you do that?

I know of the auto locks and the pressing the traction control button till it goes off (although none the wiser as to that specific purpose :lol:)

maggi112":avjm9yki said:
Automatic lights? How do you do that?

I know of the auto locks and the pressing the traction control button till it goes off (although none the wiser as to that specific purpose :lol:)

You don't use the auto lights?

No I just turn them on whenever I get in (force of habit)

I have a cup though so is this auto as in they turn on and off at will or auto that they're on all the time?

maggi112":skoexqlt said:
No I just turn them on whenever I get in (force of habit)

I have a cup though so is this auto as in they turn on and off at will or auto that they're on all the time?

Maybe the cup doesn't have them.

I find it automatically turns them on exactly when I'd want them on.

To activate it, you just turn your sidelights on and off twice. You'll hear a beep, and then they'll work automatically.

Nah cup doesn't have that. I read it to be lights on all the time ala Volvo lights in the op but that makes more sense :lol: since I drive with them on all the time (all about being seen and I find the bmws think twice about pulling out of junctions that way) I was hoping there was a way to activate them all the time

Do you have a cup or a cup pack? As I'm confused which feature you mean. Matt was right, cups didn't come with auto lights as a function which work different to what I think you're describing

They dont have proper auto lights. So if you twist the sidelights on and off like stated before it beeps but the light doesnt come on until the light outside gets dark then they just turn on :).

where is the light sensor for them? becasue i tried it and couldnt get it to work, no beep.

so just assumed it didnt have it

For those who are not sure if their car has auto lights or not:

1 - Turn your car on.
2 - Turn your sidelights on and off twice in quick succession.

If it beeps, you've got auto lights. They'll come on automatically when it starts to get dark. If it does nothing, then you haven't got them and you'll just have to turn your lights on manually :)

yer thats what i tried and nothing

thats why was asking where the sensor was then i know if got or not becasue i might just be special.
(sensors are normally where the rear veiw mirror joins glass, is this the same for twingo)

manofhow":11xaahf3 said:
yer thats what i tried and nothing

thats why was asking where the sensor was then i know if got or not becasue i might just be special.
(sensors are normally where the rear veiw mirror joins glass, is this the same for twingo)

I think it's built into the windscreen, behind the rear view mirror.

I've got it on my car and turned if off if u have auto wipers then u should have auto lights

i know how todo, i tried when first got the car, as saw it in the book, but nope i dont have auto wiper or lights on mine