abit more power

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
scotth133":2cpyw9pr said:
Would just like to know what basic not too expensive things i can do to increase the power of the twingoo..?
Panel filter, exhaust, re-map.
Then you could go about removing the rear seats and spare tyre....
Not much else really unless you fork out for a supercharger.

Cheapest gain would be maybe to get it mapped. You won't being gaining a lot. Worth doing for the drivablity though

Still waiting to see what someone can get by lobbing Money at a RS. Cams, ITBs, turbo, charger etc

If you look for cheap and efficient performance, remove weight

Araf":3j9r2z33 said:
weebob":3j9r2z33 said:
Yup . Rear seats etc are very easy to take out

Not on a Wind they ain't. :twisted:
We can ditch the spare wheel in the booth and use a spray repair kit instead. With the jack, tools and the full steel wheel is atleast 20 kilo's less

MovingShadow":o00sjoeq said:
Araf":o00sjoeq said:
weebob":o00sjoeq said:

We can ditch the spare wheel in the booth and use a spray repair kit instead. With the jack, tools and the full steel wheel is atleast 20 kilo's less
That's what I've done.
Only problem is Renault UK don't sell the block of foam that replaces the wheel to slot the spray repair kit in. Over in Europe however....
I'm just praying I don't get a puncture.

ECG1000":2db6r0cu said:
MovingShadow":2db6r0cu said:
Araf":2db6r0cu said:
weebob":2db6r0cu said:

That's what I've done.
Only problem is Renault UK don't sell the block of foam that replaces the wheel to slot the spray repair kit in. Over in Europe however....
For the hell of it, I was looking for some aftermarket space filler to place where the spare wheels sits. The booth has only a carpet so once removed it's basically a huge hole.

Maggi, that's a little too drastic :lol:

ECG1000":et164j7q said:
MovingShadow":et164j7q said:
Araf":et164j7q said:
weebob":et164j7q said:

That's what I've done.
As standard, the new 1.2 Dynamique has a repair kit instead of a spare, so its probably avaliable. A proper wheel is an option.

singlespeed":17vtusun said:
ECG1000":17vtusun said:
MovingShadow":17vtusun said:
Araf":17vtusun said:
weebob":17vtusun said:

That's what I've done.
As standard, the new 1.2 Dynamique has a repair kit instead of a spare, so its probably avaliable. A proper wheel is an option.
Sweet! Cheers mate

weebob":ynzpr8h7 said:
Im sure this came up before and they were stupidly expensive.
It did. They were about £70.
I rang up Renault with a part number from Europe and they didn't have anything.
Hopefully they will do now with it being standard in the Dynamique.

ECG1000":2x5wfhwv said:
weebob":2x5wfhwv said:
Im sure this came up before and they were stupidly expensive.
It did. They were about £70.
I rang up Renault with a part number from Europe and they didn't have anything.
Hopefully they will do now with it being standard in the Dynamique.

70£? So thats like 80€??

My twingo has the repair kit as standar. I have use it once and it was very efective! :D I used the car for almost 7000 km before I fix the tyre! :). It is so expensive because it includes the air compressor. The sealer i bought it 35 euros after using the first.