Yotah´s RS Cup "Nurburgring Edition" -> 204hp F4R832 swap.

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really admire this project and always look forward to the next update!

Just now I was looking for photos from my trip to the nurburgring last April/May and saw a car I knew I recognised, a bit different then than now! (Pic from a session on 1st May 2011)

comp_IMG_4845.jpg

Ahahah yeah i remember that day... First time after my crash (my passenger is actually the guy who was passenger when i crashed two months earlier), and completely worn out brake pads!!!

31 laps so far this weekend at the Ring including 20 in the wet (very good to learn the wet line, but very dangerous!!), and only one hickup on a curb where i tore my brake ducts off in the front so after a bit of cutting and modifying, the car was back in business :)

Funny to see how so many people love that car on the track, like in the Karussel, some wait until i arrive to get the cameras out, others applause, one guy even waved a footbal kind of green flag like when they give a yellow or a red "flag" to the footballers in a game, while i was going around the Karussel at full speed :)

I also had a chat with a german guy who owns a 911 gt3, could barely go faster than me in the corners and asked me for some tips about the track and the best line and braking points!!

God i missed that place :D

You my man are a mental lol

Just out of interest what colour are your RS decals off street race?

The bottom side bits did you have to cut them for the doors or were they in two parts?

No video running on that day. I ended up sliding a bit on the curb but got the car straight again, a big save after a very long long drift :D

Many many more pictures to come :)

Regarding the decals, they are grey and they were in one part so you put them on and then cut at the door shutline.

9 videos coming up so stay tuned!

2nd lap with a Clio RS and Clio Cup owner as passenger. The Karousel entry is one of the big moments of the lap :D

[youtube]dSCc6HlilU4[/youtube]

Yotah

I never get bored of your videos.

Watching other cars brake while your still accelerating makes me smile every time!!

Yeah well, they didn't take it very kindly and I ended up running in the same group later that day. They simply played "asshole" during the whole lap, braking early to let me pass then shutting the door when I was next to them, pushing me onto the grass, etc etc. Rubbish and dangerous driving, so I gave up and slowed down. They came to see me afterwards on the parking, saying that I couldn't keep up with them so I shouldn't play with the big boys.

Big "I punch you in the face" urge at that moment, believe me...

Focus RS and M3 E92 on the menu for this one, with a very close call with the white RS ...

[youtube]p9MsmdB-DrM[/youtube]

The looks of my Carbone Lorraine pads after 2 1/2 days of intense Ring driving, approx 40 laps ... They were new on Wednesday last week!

yotah1":1waui3qj said:
Yeah well, they didn't take it very kindly and I ended up running in the same group later that day. They simply played "asshole" during the whole lap, braking early to let me pass then shutting the door when I was next to them, pushing me onto the grass, etc etc.
Oh I can't wait 'till you put that 300HP monster uder the bonnet, look on their faces will be priceless :p

You should put some sacrificial material on the car and hit them lol
I need a pax lap in this car why couldnt you have been around a couple of years ago :(

I realised I didn´t post it here but a friend of mine filmed the Fuchsrohre compression from the side of the track last weekend. It is one of the fastest corner on the Nurburgring for most cars, and for me it is where I reach my top speed, usually in excess of 210 kph (about 130 mph).

We can see my RS at 5´55" and at the very end of the video (even though the second time I had to slow down as an R8 was faster than me downhill... but I ended up overtaking him again in the left-right chicane of Adenauer Forst right after ! )

Here is the video :

[youtube]FsvbCbxLSpE[/youtube]