Why has my car depreciated so much!!??

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a shame, and it seems heartbreaking in a few ways for you.

I was looking at selling mine up for another car last week. Tried WBAC to start and they were offering £3105, and the dealer was offering me £4500. Strange. Unfortunately it leaves me £800 in negative equity :(.

Yeah, it's rather annoying! I'm gonna look at selling privately, but ile wait till I move house in September, to put the advert up!

Lordyb":134hwyru said:
Yeah, it's rather annoying! I'm gonna look at selling privately, but ile wait till I move house in September, to put the advert up!

No harm in putting it on eBay now it costs peanuts compared to autotrader. Certainly seems you have to sell privately to get a decent price for the twingo rs.

I've just bought a few goodies for my car so the cars back in my good books this week

Lordyb":28kx768m said:
What are the chances of other garages giving me a better price for the Twingo? And maybe going for a second hand deal?

Anyone got any thoughts on that? Ta

It is definitely worth trying different garages and haggling if you are looking at selling up. My p/x when I was buying the 133 varied quite a lot. IIRC the difference between the lowest and the highest P/X valuation was about £900.

DanPaul7":r3vaztqy said:
My mum just sold her megane floride, lost 7k in one year if I remember correctly... such a stupid waste of money really.
Renault Elgin still have a Floride, which was relegated from the show room ages ago and is now sat outside on Megane plates. So, I assume its still unregistered. I imagine a cream coloured soft top megane with red interior will have a limited market.

singlespeed":3pg0pikr said:
DanPaul7":3pg0pikr said:
My mum just sold her megane floride, lost 7k in one year if I remember correctly... such a stupid waste of money really.
Renault Elgin still have a Floride, which was relegated from the show room ages ago and is now sat outside on Megane plates. So, I assume its still unregistered. I imagine a cream coloured soft top megane with red interior will have a limited market.
My local dealer had one in there showroom for a long time. Surprised it sold in the end. I think it's a very selected market for a white car with red interior.

poweller23":3gjd3wss said:
Hopefully there start to hold there money better,now you can no longer buy them
No chance! Obsolete models will lose money AT LEAST as quickly as current models.

Just done a deal today for my full-fat 133 with cup chassis. 10 plate with 19k miles. Got £5,500 for it as a trade-in against an Audi A5, and thought I'd done bl**dy well at that.

markhardy":24h6csin said:
Should of sold it yourself for the sake of another £1000-£1500
Beat him down a grand on the original price of the A5, so swings and roundabouts really, and less hassle... ;)

markhardy":3scx32z1 said:

Cars haven't been moving in the private market for about 5 years now. Trade in is often the best deal you'll get.

Araf":2iys17xz said:
markhardy":2iys17xz said:

Cars haven't been moving in the private market for about 5 years now. Trade in is often the best deal you'll get.

agreed - had my old twingo up ages ago for £4900 (1.2 extreme 44k 59 reg 2 years ago ish) and it didnt sell traded it in in the end.

It seems cheapo cars sell like hot cakes (sold a clio and 206 for 650 and 550 respectively) within 3 days of putting them on autotrader (priced to sell as they were both nailed.

any movement on the OP's car anyone know? Dam nice car that is!

This is the reason I'm hoping my mileage will be fairly low when I eventually come to sell! I'm on 24k at the moment from a 10 plate but no plans to sell for a good 2/3 years

ollieallen":1rxim3mj said:
This is the reason I'm hoping my mileage will be fairly low when I eventually come to sell! I'm on 24k at the moment from a 10 plate but no plans to sell for a good 2/3 years

Your problem with that, is that you then don't get to enjoy it so much. I know there's a trade off, but keep it under 10k per year and you will still have a low-mileage car when you come to sell.

That gives you another 6k before the end of the year! :cool:

Araf":2wutw43s said:
Your problem with that, is that you then don't get to enjoy it so much. I know there's a trade off, but keep it under 10k per year and you will still have a low-mileage car when you come to sell.

That gives you another 6k before the end of the year! :cool:

To be honest I doubt I'll even do 10k a year! I've done about 1/2k in the 5 months I've owned it so far!

I've about broke even with mine at the moment. But don't want to sell it and end up with nothing :/. Doesnt help that the new model came out.

How much does it add to price having the full fat cup pack instead of a normal 133?

because my clio 200 was so unreliable I traded it in after 10 months and lost 6k on it, owed £4500 more than it was worth! in the end up I was that desperate to get rid of it a Twingo GT was the cheapest thing that remotely interested me in the dealers so that's how I ended up here! took the 4k twingo + £4500 negative equity on a 12 months finance just to get debt free and clear!! £750 a month for a twingo GT wasn't the best feeling in the world lol!!