Whats your occupation

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sam":17sqevz3 said:
I'm a sales/marketing assistant for a company that manufacturers torque equipment. Basically I maintain the website, create marketing and promotional materials such as industry magazine adverts and exhibition materials, as well as answering telephones and admin jobs. :)

Although at heart I am a web developer and do this in my spare time on an as-and-when basis.

Can you give me any tips regarding search engine optimisation? I'm really trying to get higher up search listings and get more visitors to the site but haven't really been making much progress with it recently.

I'm nearly 79 and been retired for 16 years, mainly house restoring, sail racing in UK and abroad,mountain climbing and sea kayaking (beginner) in Scotland Flew jets (bombers and recce aircraft) in RAF from 1952 to 1975 operating in UK,Middle East, Africa ,Germany and occ USA. Then with Government till 1995 and retirement to my Scottish ruin,- 43 years with a fair amount of excitement and very few dull moments.

gallovidian":ogqh8dlz said:
I'm nearly 79 and been retired for 16 years, mainly house restoring, sail racing in UK and abroad,mountain climbing and sea kayaking (beginner) in Scotland Flew jets (bombers and recce aircraft) in RAF from 1952 to 1975 operating in UK,Middle East, Africa ,Germany and occ USA. Then with Government till 1995 and retirement to my Scottish ruin,- 43 years with a fair amount of excitement and very few dull moments.
That certainly goes to show that your only as old as you feel and it sounds like you would put many of the youngsters to shame. Bucaneers by any chance, as my Mrs has always said they were better than the Tornados that I worked on.

I'm a sound engineer/av technician at heart, mainly recording bands and the odd live sound gig etc.
But my 9-5 Job with the company I work for is a video editor. Kind of didn't expect to being editing, but I got offered the job by my current boss as the live sound part of his business was slow and his editor left to have a baby.
So I thought, why not! Had to learn a heck of a lot and I still am!

singlespeed":oq9wdtz4 said:
I'm an ROV technician, which means flying and maintaining one of these>>>
https://www.oceaneering.com/rovs/millennium-plus-rov/

Worked with a few rob crews in my time, would have loved to do that but would never get to being colour blind :-( you work with the hairy arsed divers as well?

I work as an inspection engineer but it's crap tbh

Kelly_GT":21w6hsg8 said:
In the 2nd year of my apprenticeship as a Laboratory Technician for Diageo, go into my 3rd and final year in July :)

Bit of rivalry- I work for Carlsberg as an HR Administrator. Benet Slay (who used to be your MD for Northern Europe) has come over to the good side! :)

kenny":654uf3hh said:
Kelly_GT":654uf3hh said:
In the 2nd year of my apprenticeship as a Laboratory Technician for Diageo, go into my 3rd and final year in July :)

Bit of rivalry- I work for Carlsberg as an HR Administrator. Benet Slay (who used to be your MD for Northern Europe) has come over to the good side! :)
There's no rivalry when Diageo is the number one premium drinks company in the world though ;)

Kelly_GT":2zdsaivg said:
kenny":2zdsaivg said:
Kelly_GT":2zdsaivg said:

There's no rivalry when Diageo is the number one premium drinks company in the world though ;)
isnt it Diageo 2, Carlsberg 1 with the member numbers ;)

the_notorious_C_A_T":c3sbp9rf said:
singlespeed":c3sbp9rf said:
I'm an ROV technician, which means flying and maintaining one of these>>>
https://www.oceaneering.com/rovs/millennium-plus-rov/

Worked with a few rob crews in my time, would have loved to do that but would never get to being colour blind :-( you work with the hairy arsed divers as well?

I work as an inspection engineer but it's crap tbh
No, i've not worked alongside divers. Spent 4 years deep water off of Nigeria and the past year North sea drill support jobs.

Have to meet up sometime for a run out with yourself and Ollie :)

singlespeed":3iujxko5 said:
Kelly_GT":3iujxko5 said:
kenny":3iujxko5 said:
Kelly_GT":3iujxko5 said:

Yeah myself and Matt (madmatt) work for the Technical Centre in Europe ... as i said no competion ;-)

Kelly_GT":25madp1x said:
singlespeed":25madp1x said:
kenny":25madp1x said:

Yeah myself and Matt (madmatt) work for the Technical Centre in Europe ... as i said no competion ;-)

Damn... I'm outnumbered! :)