Warranty Claims

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a bit shoddy. Perhaps worth going for a trip round the m25 to visit Karl to have the rest done?

so is the RTV silicone sealant the official fix for the scuttle leak?

I broke the clips pn my wiper cover, just by lifting the arm to clean under it. So they are a bit fragile. But thats still bad form unless they had a replacement on order for your return to collect the car.

No official fix as its not officially recognised as a design fault with Renault despite my protest.

And I realise it's probably easy. But when they tell me the 'senior technician' carried out the work it doesnt leave me feeling like anyone gives a dam. In fact the comment 'it's only a twingo' at one point says it all

maggi112":ags1yubp said:
In fact the comment 'it's only a twingo' at one point says it all

That's an atrocious comment if made by a dealer. Yes it's their current entry level model*, (though the top of the range version) but that should make no difference at all. Your car should be treated with the utmost care, as let's face it - even the cheapest models are still a good chunk of cash. Do they think Jag garages say "well it's only an XF" because it's their entry model?

*if you forget the Twizzy exists

The comment wasn't made to my face, it was a snide comment surrounding the courtesy car.

So karl has priced up the replacement piece. £42.50. Thank you renault Watford!

I wouldn't use them again after they sort this maggz. Where Karl's 1 is cool mind I think the service bloke was getting abit annoyed with me keep goin up with " oh can u tell them not to wash it oh sorry can they not change my air filter. Oh I'm really sorry again but can they check my coil packs" :lol:

:lol: it was just you daz ;)

It will not be going back for even this.I don't trust them as far as I could drive a twizy

They're rude, totally incompetent and clearly have no pride in their work.

Next car will be from somewhere with a warranty that actually means something. SO that probably means a toyota...

I've got a brain like a goldfish what can I say :lol:

70 mile round trip to SMC but worth it. The guys on the service desk know there stuff someone rang them when I was there and the bloke told him straight away what it was where as my local would be like erm let me put u through to somebody else or rem your have to bring it in.

Any experts here? Iv had a funny sound coming from my steering wheel every now and again (3 times in 2 months to be exact) which sounds like a ball bearing rolling around or a crunching sound... Any idea what it could be? It's very intermittent. Also tonight iv had a bad crunching sound coming from what sounds like the suspension... Whenever I go over any bump, big or small... Noticed on this post the ball joints aren't very good quality, could this cause any of my problems? Cheers for any help peeps!

Driving a twingo GORDINI 133 2010

more shoddy work from renaults disgusting dealerships, i know a few people on here have mentioned about the problems i had with my Clio 200 so it just shows that documenting it online does get it spread about, and the more bad mouthing that gets out there the more likely renault are to do something about it.

Its a shame renault make such good cars because i will never buy another brand new one after the hastle ive received with warranty issues.

Arnold clark and Arnold clark customer service were terribly useless but RUK didnt help things at all with me. i was without a car for 4 weeks!!

front left of my car has a problem with the ball joints, it has split but getting it fixed tomorrow, it made a weird clunking/banging noise when changing gear of turning at low speeds but my warranty is covering it and saving me 450quid....phewww

Ball joints/arms being changed under warranty for me. Took it in for a service and asked them to check brakes, steering and suspension as the steering was pulling to the left really badly, they pointed out that it might have something to do with the wire sticking out of the inside of the front tyres. Expensive trip, nearly £400 lighter, but massivley reduced the possibilites of a blow out! Will get them to check the other bits when it goes in for the ball joints. They also sorted the airbag connection which came on everytime I moved the drivers seat and told me that the outside air temp sensor wasnt working cos the previous owner had battered the wing mirror and just glued the white cover back on. Done a fairly good job of it as I hadnt noticed. So I probably need to replace the cover to get the sensor changed, not sure if this will be cost effective yet?

Leant me a car for two days while they waited for the tyres to come in, over all, good service from this dealer. Different experience from the one I bought the car from... sold it with potentially worn tyres (although I had done an additional 3000 miles since purchase), no jack, missing second key and half the manuals missing out of the owners pack. When questioned, once purchased, the reply was, "well we have asked the previous owner for the missing stuff". Wont be getting any further business from me, saving grace, they probably had to spend a bit on the PX to get in a sellable state.