V-Power Nitro+?

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moomin_Man

Reaction score
New fuel from Shell?
V-Power Nitro+

Has anybody used this or know anything about it?

Got an email this morning:

Put our New Performance Fuels to the test and get 100 Bonus Points

Shell V-Power Nitro+ Unleaded & Diesel is our latest performance fuel, designed to get to work instantly in your engine.

Performance Reinvented

Shell V-Power Nitro+ Unleaded, developed by Shell scientists with our technical partner Ferrari, is also the inspiration behind Shell
V-Power Nitro+ Diesel - our new, diesel performance fuel.

Fill up with Shell V-Power Nitro+ before 15.5.2013 and you'll get 100 Bonus Points, so try it for yourself today.

LCplParks":30luu4on said:
what does it do and why is it called nitro+ ?

The website says:

https://www.shell.co.uk/gbr/products-services/on-the-road/fuels/vpower/benefits.html

"Our new and improved formulation is designed to start working instantly, from the moment the fuel reaches the engine. We have increased the detergent, which cleans away deposits that can affect engine performance, and also the friction modifier content. This friction modification technology has been tested with Ferrari as part of our longstanding technical partnership and is designed to instantly reduce friction in critical engine areas.This helps the engine to deliver more power to the wheels."

Wonder if they will put the price up to go with the longer name,

Use to use v power all the time, stick to normal shell stuff now tho.

Been chatting about this elsewhere today, its got to be a replacement other than an alternative to the current V-Power. Thinks its got to be a good thing, I'm sure they know what they're doing. I for one will use it, I've never put anything other than V-Power in the 250 from day one!

"Our new and improved formulation is designed to start working instantly, from the moment the fuel reaches the engine."

What does normal fuel do then?

Ollie133cup":3b26055a said:
"Our new and improved formulation is designed to start working instantly, from the moment the fuel reaches the engine."

Well I found this

Quote from the website
''The high levels of tea and coffee in standard fuel offered by most retailers means that the petroleum molecules will have a tendency to relax and have a warm beverage before they get to work after they arrive in the engine resulting in a loss of power delivered to the wheels"

LCplParks":2qqgl0fa said:
Ollie133cup":2qqgl0fa said:

Well I found this

Quote from the website
''The high levels of tea and coffee in standard fuel offered by most retailers means that the petroleum molecules will have a tendency to relax and have a warm beverage before they get to work after they arrive in the engine resulting in a loss of power delivered to the wheels"
FLOL :)

LCplParks":3gvpkqyd said:
This! Sounds like my average day at work.