Urgent - Fuel Tank compatibilith across 09 and 10 models!

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bpmd

Reaction score
Hello all - last night some absolute sod took advantage of the streetlight which is out at the rear of my house to drill a hole in my fuel tank and syphon off the fuel from my half full car.

For the £30 in petrol that would have made them I'm being quoted £300 ex-VAT for a new replacement.

I've seen a listing for a used one off an 09 plate car, which I'm assuming will fit - does anyone happen to know if this will or will not fit?

yes sir they are the same throughout the twingo and wind range :)

Thought so - awesome, that's just saved me over £200!

no worries, it's really sad that somebody would siphon petrol nowadays. i'm sorry to hear that sir, are you going to install it yourself?

Had a local garage lined up, though I don't mind having a go if it looks like something that I could do myself - my dad was a mechanic, so I always feel like I should be prepared to have a go at these things!

Typing from my phone - is it it just me or is my font massive?

do you want the renault dialogys (workshop manual sort of thing) how to instructions? i'll pm it to you just now

More annoyance on this front tonight - Have the tank, and didn't fancy my chances doing a reasonable job on the tank change by myself so have this booked at a local garage.

Tried to tow it up there tonight, and went in the boot to find the tow eye and wheel jack are missing from the spare wheel insert on my car.

Another setback that I have to deal with and I must say the novelty of Twingos is wearing off - all I've done with this car is solve problems so far.