Typical french car noise

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

currieravfc

Reaction score
There is a noise coming from the front right wheel that sounds like metal scraping against metal only when the car is in gear and is travel at speed while warm, my car has only done 11k so what could it possibly be.

could be a number of things. do you do a lot of spirited driving, lots of accelerating and braking?? it could be a worn pad, or a pad that's sticking onto the brake disc due to a slightly seized or sticking caliper which really isn't uncommon.

does the noise go away under braking? then re-appear after you release the brakes? wheel bearing. if there are no clicking noises when turning, rule out the cv joint. no clicking over bumps etc? rule out the ball joints

Turning or bumps don't make it worse and I haven't tried the brakes and listened to if it disappears yet and yes it usually occurs after 'spirited' driving :p

have a look at the brakes man, but also don't rule out the heat shield rubbing against the exhaust manifold

Car went into Renault yesterday and its been diagnosed as driveshaft bearings have gone, should be being fixed today so not too sure on full details untill I get it back. Surely this shouldn't have happened after so little miles. However I would like to recommend Renault Birmingham to anyone as the service they've given has been A1, 100x better than my local garage Solihull!