• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Twingo Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Twingo GT breaking

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you still got the front lower wishbone - both sides? If so can you take a photo of them, it's for a project I'm looking at.

Spitfire1":3s4f25lg said:
Have you still got the front lower wishbone - both sides? If so can you take a photo of them, it's for a project I'm looking at.
They will be the same as yours. Which will be very simillar or the same as 1*2 style

singlespeed":3hmetawp said:
Spitfire1":3hmetawp said:
They will be the same as yours. Which will be very simillar or the same as 1*2 style
That's what I was hoping, the only grey area is the anti roll bar drop link connection, on the later models the drop link changed from a solid rubber connection to a blue nylon insert bush which fitted into the wishbone then the drop link was fitted through that.

What I want to do is send them to Powerflex to see if they have an inner bush set that will fit in them, if not maybe they will make a set up. The amount of flex in the standard bush is unacceptable so I want to get something alot firmer.

Rob.

buy a bush for 7 or 8 pounds and sent that of to powerflex? lol

oscar":2b3mn8ta said:
buy a bush for 7 or 8 pounds and sent that of to powerflex? lol
Yep one option, but I'm also considering nylon coating a set of wishbones to make them long lasting, I've done this on my MR2 - better than paint any day ;)

Got a part number for this bush???

personally i think you'll be just as well to get an aftermarket bush, as they are cast from the same mould and there isn't any difference. but i recently changed my ARB drop links and it cost me about 4.80 from dingbro so i'd imagine that would be around 7 or 8 pounds certainly under a tenner on ebay for the two? i've been thinking about doing the same thing too, but buying a full set of bushes and mounts to send of to powerflex so if you're interested we could possibly work something out in the near future and get alex's dad to strip of a list of parts to send to powerflex and we could go 50/50 for the hell of it?

also, will get you the renault part number tomorrow for your drop links of the computer :)

oscar":2h05yxns said:
personally i think you'll be just as well to get an aftermarket bush, as they are cast from the same mould and there isn't any difference. but i recently changed my ARB drop links and it cost me about 4.80 from dingbro so i'd imagine that would be around 7 or 8 pounds certainly under a tenner on ebay for the two? i've been thinking about doing the same thing too, but buying a full set of bushes and mounts to send of to powerflex so if you're interested we could possibly work something out in the near future and get alex's dad to strip of a list of parts to send to powerflex and we could go 50/50 for the hell of it?

also, will get you the renault part number tomorrow for your drop links of the computer :)
Sounds like a plan - let's see what he comes back with.

Was there any changes to the wishbone on the facelift model, that's the part number I really need or even the part number of the wishbone bush to see if there is any change from the older Twingo 2 to the facelift.

The drop link I've already changed to Powerflex (used the ones from a Clio and just machined them to fit the blue nylon bush which is fitted to my car - works very well.

Sorry for replying late everyone. The bonnet has been sold as has the rear bumper with the wires been ripped apart. I have the brand new spare wheel kit for 59 posted. The wishbones will be 39 posted for the pair

Ah - I'll pass on the wheel kit one, i'd seen one a breaker was advertising at £35 delivered.

Cheers.

alex12fowler":tnzv51sy said:
Sorry for replying late everyone. The bonnet has been sold as has the rear bumper with the wires been ripped apart. I have the brand new spare wheel kit for 59 posted. The wishbones will be 39 posted for the pair
Hi Alex

Can you send me a photo of them, I also need the diameter of the hole which the anti roll bar drop link fits through if you don't mind.

If every thing looks OK I'll take them.

Thanks
Rob

No price on the steering wheel or am I being dense and it's not for sale?! :)

No price on the steering wheel or am I being dense and it's not for sale?! :)

Ano it's a silly one but how much for the washer jets as the monkeys at the Zoe attacked mine and I'm not paying £15 for somet that small lol

Hi! The spare wheel kit has wheel or it is with air pump and the fluid?
If it has wheel is it possible to sent in Greece?
thanks!