Twingo 133 To Buy Or Not To Buy

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ben133

Reaction score
Hi all I am currently trying to decide if i want to buy a 133. I was just hoping that i could get some information from some owners on what they are like to drive. Ride quality and power delivery. Also are they any good at overtaking from 60mph onwards. Also what the mpg is like. Thanks in advance.

Best advice your going to get is go test drive one, you'll soon realise what they can be like to drive. Make sure you get a nice twisty road and test the handling, I'm sure you'll fall in love quickly.

Ride quality isn't the best, and fuel economy depends on driving style. But then you don't buy a 133 for a comfortable ride or great mpg figures.
Overtaking from 60mph onwards is a breeze. As in 5th gear you're not far off the magical 4K rev mark, so it just goes. Simple as.
As Chicken said, find some twisties and you will fall in love.

One of the best little cars I have driven an bang for buck not much will beat it.

In a straigh out shoot out it isn't the quickest but corners it will challenge some of the best.

Rob_McLav":27l921hc said:
I get 40 mpg sitting at 60 at 3 k revs. It's no luxury car but it's fun :)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424647702.970617.jpg

Similar to my merc (granted it has one of the worst Diesel engines ever made) my twingo (GT) would return 40mpg at 72 (3.5K) considering the silly money they are selling for now, fuelling them isn't a massive issue.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424647812.930256.jpg

I've found the driving position to be awkward. Steering wheel is tilted too far forward, which makes back road blasts a bit awkward, as I feel like I'm stretching when turning in tight corners. Haven't really found a comfortable seating/steering position yet.