toyo r1r's

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

manofhow

Reaction score
i know alot of people have mentioned buying r1t's in past but how did people get on with them?

I think Madmatt is running a set.

Yoko AD08 is another alternative which I have for summer. Rubbish through deep standing water as expected, but otherwise prety damn good in the damp and dry

I use them and there gr8 best tyre that i have found for grip.just don't expect to get massive mileage out of them if u drive hard like me lol you can kill a front pair in 5,000 miles lol and they ent that expensive I pay £70 each for mine

I run them too. 205/40/17. And I have to say, they deliver much more grip in the dry then the continetal Cs3's that were on the car before. Can't really say anything about them in the wet or about the wear, as I only run them for two weeks or so now.

But I've heard they aren't the best tyres you can have in the wet..

Harro!

Quick correction - Yotah is using Maxsport...not Maxxis

Anywhoo:
I had T1Rs previously on my Twingo in 195/50R15s so my comparison will be based on them.

Sidewalls - R1Rs sidewalls are VERY stiff with little flex in them at all, T1Rs you can basically bend the tyre bead into the center of the tyre.
Noise - brought with the stiff sidewall, they are noisy. lso brought with the softer compound, rolling noise does bring similarities with proper Rally/Race tyres, whining more as speed increases
Grip - Dry: immence, very very good and progressive. Wet: very progressive, not had any issues with driving through flood conditions at speed and certainly not dangerous in standing water. Snow and Ice: oddly enough, very good. The treadblocks throw snow out the tread, with big snow rooster tails :D

Comparable Tyre - Advan AD08/Neova

Hope it helps :)

I looked for the Toyos and couldn't see where sold them in 205/40/17 online. That was a week or so ago, and not contacted a tyre fitter. Just wanted to buy some tyres prior to requiring

james i dont have size prob becasue they going on my 182 alloys so they are 205/45 r16 havent looked to see if they fit my cup wheels

I've thought about 182 alloys. Really like the idea of few large spokes for winter maintenance. That's the issue. I want them as winter wheels and the cups for summer. Even though they're soft and heavy I do love the looks of the cup alloys.

Maybe I need to think of some smaller wheels for summer and lower the car!

ok so i bit the bullet and brought r1r's will let you know what they are like.

eventually managed to get them for £109 a tyre fitted

size is 205/45 r 16 - to go on the 182 alloys

and its weird, becasue ended up getting them from a little tyre place in Crayford. normally camskill is unbeatable online, but everywhere on line was £133 and then had to pay like £60 to get them fitted, but gave this local guy a ring on the off chance and they quoted £109 fitted i couldnt say no :)