Towbar Wiring

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roberts

Reaction score
Just fitted a towbar to my cup for transporting my bike.

I have one issue does anyone know how to wire up the 7 pin plug for lights and indicators etc. I uncovered the carpet from the boot sides and was shocked to see a massive amount of cables.

Which wires are which?

I'm not sure that's a legal limit? I thought that was the max rated limit due to the clutch?

The regular car had a higher capacity for towing than the rs, or at least I seem to recall so, which I think lead me to believe it was the clutch.

I'm not towing anything. What I have done is perfectly legal.
If I was too tow anything then that would be illegal.

I'm probably wrong, if a 1.2 corsa can have a tow bar then surely a rs can. I would of thought the clutch would of been fine for towing tho and it was down to design? Like I say I could be wrong (stil learning about twingos :) )

The handbook doesn't even mention the rs in towing information but like said before I'm NOT towing lol

Roberts":3bv93804 said:
The handbook doesn't even mention the rs in towing information but like said before I'm NOT towing lol

To make it clear what kind of bike are you transporting? Is it a push bike going on a bike rack?

If so JamesSW has roof bars fitted to transport his bike ;)

It's a mountain bike and I'm not going down the roof bar route. Done it the last few years on my corsa. It's 100% better on the back than on the roof.

Yotah has fitted the exact same setup as I'm using. Thule bike carrier on the towbar, just need to know how to wire it!!

Roberts":1ehhht1z said:
It's a mountain bike and I'm not going down the roof bar route. Done it the last few years on my corsa. It's 100% better on the back than on the roof.

Yotah has fitted the exact same setup as I'm using. Thule bike carrier on the towbar, just need to know how to wire it!!

i don't have wiring diagrams available, nor am i particularly savvy with the electrical side of cars .... but the towbar should tell you what lines you need to be wiring in to, and where.. as a universal fitment guide. in which case it's down to you to find what wires what. you could find google to find this or nip into a renault garage and ask for a wiring diagram for your car :)

I have wired the plug end and no exactly which wires I need it is just a case of knowing which wires are which in the loom

Roberts":xxq91fky said:
I have wired the plug end and no exactly which wires I need it is just a case of knowing which wires are which in the loom

ah okay, best thing is to go into renault. i'm not too sure wether they do or do not sell wiring diagrams to the public, but i don't see why they shouldn't. the other option would be to contact neil (singlespeed) he asked me to get some specific wiring diagrams from work but they weren't available, so he paid for a days membership or something like that on a website and he got access to wiring diagrams and everything inbetween. ask neil for the website, and that will sort you out. the wiring colours change on models through the renault ranges, so it would be false economy to assume the wiring colours on one renault from 2001 would be the same as a twingo from today lol

Sometimes, wire colours also change between the front and rear of the car if theres connectors in the middle.
Access to the Renault infotech website isn't cheap
Package - Price excluding tax
Total-1year 3192.00 €
Total-1month 326.00 €
Total-1week 96.00 €
Total-1day 22.00 €
Total-1hour 8.00 €
Add on non sterling transaction charges too :(

PM on the way :)