Tow strap

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dazza1

Reaction score
Well just got home to my tow strap dose anyone know how it fits cos there's no bolts or instructions

madmatt":1uhtq5j6 said:
Take the bumper off, find a bolt that fits (or one you can put a nut through the otherside) pull strap though hole :)
Can't I get a bolt and put it in the hole that's got my tow eye in

Yes...but it will look even worse than it will if you just leave it poking through.
And you'll have to put spacers into the bolt so you don't scratch your bumper to buggery :(

can u see the thread where yout tow eye would bolt?is it hollow?

if so i think what people are trying to say is you need a long bolt to go tho there with a washer at each end and then use this to trap the new tow strap.

does that sound right?or even make sense?

I cut a spare towing eye an welded the metal part of the strap to it then screwed it in with the bumper off. Was the easiest way I could think of doing it...!

Dazza1":mqscdzg0 said:
R just take the bumper off and bolt it in. Dose any 1 know what size bolt it is??
Unfortunately not as simple as that. The hole on the tow strap is smaller than the bolt size required to fit the car.

^ Which is exactly why I've had a tow strap for a year not fitted to the car. Too much hassle.

Matt":24nuiy5l said:
Dazza1":24nuiy5l said:
R just take the bumper off and bolt it in. Dose any 1 know what size bolt it is??
Unfortunately not as simple as that. The hole on the tow strap is smaller than the bolt size required to fit the car.
I'm gonna give it a try after work I've told my mate I'm comin to his garage to use his welder :) r post some pic's when it's done

Dazza1":1vkgn95l said:
I'm gonna give it a try after work I've told my mate I'm comin to his garage to use his welder :) r post some pic's when it's done

good luck mate :mrgreen:

Well here we go as promised

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1304026113.024886.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1304026113.024886.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 256
looks good mate :cool:

any chance you could post a zoomed in pic of the first pic?

images