The 133 shocked me tonight..........

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oscar":2tnrp8jj said:
french car show matty haha!

What happened?! Damn I wish I could've came to FCS opener. I'm gonna see if I can make it the end of season if funds allow.

let's wait and find out! i've got as much of a clue as you have, but my suspicions are that neil showed matteo who's the boss of the remaps lol

singlespeed":2ns7v38i said:
Being in the right gear at the right time is kind of important if your wanting to make progress. Otherwise, your pressing the accelerator and realising nothing is happening, then changing down and your opportunity has closed.

With 140FtLb at the wheels compared to my 130FtLb at the flywheel, I expected Matteo to be more than capable at keeping up when coming off the roundabout for joining the motorway. I'd selected second rolling up to the clear roundabout whilst Matteo was having a snooze in third and not expecting me to scarper. Was it fair?.. not really :)

Oh how I regreted for not being on alert!
As soon as I heard those trumpets screaming I know you were going for it but I responded too late.

Unfortunatly, something similar happend on the way back between me and Ghostz.

Just before you get to Dover, you go thru this tunnel. I was driving with my roof down, got next to Ghostz and well, we both had the same idea..
sf8gPI6l.jpg

But me running with the roof down + the windows down and not paying attention ended up in not keeping up with Ghostz at all :oops:
Oh how I kept getting agonized on the ferry on how I should ask Ktec for a refund.. you bastard :evil:

But yes, running with the roof + your windows down created alot more drag. It even mentions in the manual when driving with the roof down that fuel consumption can go up by 5%

The torque from matteos wind comes in nice big lumps, which makes is fun to drive. The short spin around the cars was enough for me to see that, in second the lag was there followed by a nice burst of torque. Shame Brad had told us he'd would the police up or I'd have disappeared lol
I reckon on a nice bit of road with short straights it would eat a 133

maggi200":3eq08zdy said:
The torque from matteos wind comes in nice big lumps, which makes is fun to drive. The short spin around the cars was enough for me to see that, in second the lag was there followed by a nice burst of torque. Shame Brad had told us he'd would the police up or I'd have disappeared lol
I reckon on a nice bit of road with short straights it would eat a 133
My thoughts exactly. Hence whilst cruising back from the carwash being followed by Matteo, Kevin (Ghostz) and Sonny (White Megane on bags and Audi wheels) and seeing an empty roundabout, straight onto an empty slip road, I got the revs up and abused second gear and a bit of third before Matteo realised :twisted:

Then it was back off the throttle again to follow a couple of cars before exiting the motorway at the services

My father in law is always shocked that I can stay with him/drop him on country lanes, he drives a rather nice MK1 Focus RS.

AS_BO":1l7wk326 said:
Agrees with ya all here. The only reason I passed him is because I got a much better run off the boundarout. Otherwise it would've been bye bye RX8!

That's the thing that would surprise more powerful cars is the speed a 133 can carry into and out of the corners.