Steering wheel wear

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ruined 2 gordini steering wheels in 2 years time , they both got it fixed.in warenty complete new steering wheel

Mine has started to peel badly but specifically not covered under Renault's Extended warranty...

59 Plate with 36000 miles covered, has anyone successfully got a replacement from Renault? If so...how?

Nearing 60k miles 59 plate and steering wheel is peeling bad, and I mean real bad.

i'm replacing mines in the next few months. i frequently sit peeling it off for fun, it's addictive actually. 50% of the fake leather vinyl coverage has been peeled back, getting replaced with a 350 mm mugen wheel that i've had my eye spy's on for a little while now

htup_0909_09_o_2007_honda_civic_si_mugen_steerin.jpg

I managed to put a nice gash in the top of mine off my ring so just bought a fitted leather cover over it - I hate them most of the time but the one I got is actually spot on!

Anyone got photos of alternative material for the wheel? I.e. standard wheel, just redone. Was thinking of doing this when it goes real bad, but not sure what exactly to do - perforated leather / alcantara, all alcantara etc...

KamRS":2pogb1n3 said:
Anyone got photos of alternative material for the wheel? I.e. standard wheel, just redone. Was thinking of doing this when it goes real bad, but not sure what exactly to do - perforated leather / alcantara, all alcantara etc...

theres a dude on cliosport.net can't mind his name who reupholsters steering wheels ''snappy'' his name is on there come to think about it. get in contact with him, he's pretty much the go to guy for your steering wheel refinishes. the endless list of wheels he has done for clio's is awesome.

Don't think I'll be sending a wheel out to UK for refurb, will rather do it locally :D But will try find him & his work -was asking more re. which way to go visually.

KamRS":29jrhht5 said:
Don't think I'll be sending a wheel out to UK for refurb, will rather do it locally :D But will try find him & his work -was asking more re. which way to go visually.

Alcantra would be nice then stick some stripes on like the Gordini ones at the top of the wheel and get contrast stitching.

I want to get my VXR wheel retrimmed alcantra with white stitching and the top stripe white and would like it chunkier