Spacers à la Rallycross

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Proxy

Reaction score
I would love to see my Twingo a bit wider... problem is that I don't like these stock spacers, they look a bit too "bad boy kiddo"-like for me. I don't want to try to get the next-gen-looking-supercar, I just want to fit it a bit more to my taste...

Im not going to do this, but it MAY would be an idea.

That S1600 somehow made me horny..
dre11-d1a-twingo-d-olivier3_%5B640x480%5D.jpg

(posted by madmatt, sorry for stealing :D)

I dont want it that extreme, such, lets say about 2-4cm in the front and 4-6 on the back (or less!) wider. When its about time (and I got enough money) I also want to get bigger wheels, eighter the ADVAN Neova AD08's (tested on "Echappement" (france motorsport paper) as "amazing great") or the R888s (also very sweet tires)... so I wouldnt need shrims or something (does _not_ mean that I gonna put 255 on the back :D)..

Biggest poblem would be that I dont want to make it look childish or some kind of "oh, look, my car is pimped, yours not!" - you know what I mean? :/

My skills in Paint! (sorry, got no photoshop :D):
(just as an idea! :D)

twngolol1.jpg

twingolol2.jpg

First pictures is the best of those 2.. watch the left side, right side is a bit sloppy

if you've got the money you could get something custom made up by a company like Streamline Carbon to be a slightly toned down version of that guy's S1600 kit..

Hmm if I let it make at a company I think its going to be a bit expensive, isnt it? According to normal stock bodykits about 500€, a custom one... would be like +800€?

There was a thread recently, linked from a clio forum if I remember correctly, where someone added spacers between the rear beam and hub (Where camber shims go, but 20mm thick)

Going from ET55 up down to ET35 offset would give you a 20mm wider track and would probably be cheaper and easier than getting large spacers, unless your desperate to keep the standard wheels.

Large shims at the rear and a change of offset would get you the difference in track that your after.

Thanks for crediting me :D

The only slight issue with the idea is the Increase in rolling resistance from a 215 Tyre...
205s with the Advan AD08 (or the softer compound 07s if you can get them) or the R888s would be more than adequate for grip :)

Would need a heluva squat to look right too, nice and aggressive :)

Sounds like some good ideas though :)

Rovico: yea, something like that! :D

madmatt: no problem ;) wasn't happy with soft tires on my old RS.. about ~8.000 kms and they were gone.. driving a bit too hard for them :D

Don't know how it is in the UK, but if you change something on your car you have to go to TÜV and let them check it. Most of all times you have to only build in already aprooved parts to let them accept it. Means: e.g. I got an air-filter from RaidHP, the filter wasn't checked from the company who build it on exactly my car (means, it has to be checked on Twingo 2 RS 1.6l blabla) - so it is illegal. And currently it is build in, so it isn't legal to drive this car (if I would be a nice loyal citizan.. :p). Cops wont make you open your front, so chances to get cought are about 5-10%.
Now, IF I would put a body kit on it, same thing: has to be TÜV aprooved, etc. A body-kit is much more an eye-catcher than something built inside, so cances to get catched by cops are way too high for that... eigther it has to be very clean and "unspecular" to let them make believe: "hey, I mean, that is a Renault Sport! Its not just a Twingo! That car is completly from stock, didn't changed anything!" (indeed, on my old twingo some cops believed it with e.g. my tires and the air-filter!)... or there must be an another way to let them make believe it...

Other, not recommended, option is: make something by yourself, pay thousands of euros for let them check it, pay thousands of euros again for getting thin ABE (Google Translation: "General operating permit") and then, if you pay a few euros more (about 1€ up to 1000€) you can let it pasted into car-documents. Then it is legal.

I hate germany... ;)

frediiii":1b5835ui said:
I want those brake-venting ducts being produced by streamline, please.

The only SLIGHT Issue would be with the Right hand side of the car (sitting inside).

You'd need to relocate the washer bottle or fit a smaller one.
Would be a nice idea though, a decent size GAPING duct, with a full duct construction behind it :)

You do know that all decent Rallycross cars have a suspension that is wider and therefor not using spacers? Out of experience I really would like to advice not to change the offset to much as you will definitely ruin the handling the car and make it tram-lining very badly!