Scottish Newbie with FF with CUP 133

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aaronfife

Reaction score
Hi folks!

Bought myself a 133 RS Full Fat with CUP chassis Twingo a few weeks ago. Travelled 250 so miles to get it and absolutely love it so far! Low mileage example on a 58 plate, standard apart from a Ktec system and Renaultsport gear gaitor and handbrake cover.

One minor issue would be I think the heating resistor pack might be done as 1-3 works as it should but setting 4 is the same power/force as setting 1. If anyone can confirm this and location of it so I can replace would be magic?

Hope there is a few local members from Fife, Scotland? Not seen any 133's up my way so far so seem quite rare here. Anyway... Hope to get useful info on here as with all previous forums in the past and here's a few pics of my 133 RS...

Aaron :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 6,395
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 6,395
This is a common problem, not an easy fix from what I've seen lovely car, looks great in the pictures even when the weathers so so

The resistor pack slows down the fan speed, so if its working on 1-3 then the pack is fine. The fan itself is fine too, as it does work. Switch on position 4 would more likely just be the switch being at fault or wire/connector.

Switch could be tested with a multimeter for the switch contacts opening/closing.

Welcome btw :)

That's a relief as had this problem with an old C2 GT and turned out the whole car heating needed rewired! Which I passed it on as it had too many problems.

Thanks for pointing it out and shall test it soon :)

Know you posted this end of October but hello and welcome! Your car looks great! Hope you are enjoying ownership.

mattyg":pdafnlmc said:
Did you used to have a polo gti and use Detailing World? Might just be the same username lol.

Bit late, but welcome.

Yup! Wasn't a GTI however, was just a wee 1.2! Small world eh lol :D

charlie46":3m5pde7k said:
Know you posted this end of October but hello and welcome! Your car looks great! Hope you are enjoying ownership.

Thanks mate! It's all been serviced and had its timing belt/pump etc done so been really enjoying it fully and absolutely love it. Very capable car!

mattyg":1f7dm3ve said:
Ach my bad. At least your 133 will be looked after with you behind it!

Already had the DA polisher out after work the week to buff out a few wee marks ha ha :) wheels need returbed next year at some point but nothing to worry about too much!