Santa pod

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cruisinkiy57

Reaction score
Hi all
I am going to Santa pod some time soon :D hopefully with my dad and going to go against each other he has a MG TF 1.8 against my twingo gordini 133 1.6 on paper both cars seam about the same his being a bit better but I’m planning to take the back seats and spare wheel out to loose a bit of weight
Twingo 1.6 MG TF 1.8
133bhp 136bhp
0-60 8.7 8.2
125mph 127mph
1050kg (-50kg ish) 1151kg
What do you lot think I stand a chance????
Also is there any cheap and easy things I can do to get any more power

There could be lots to take into account...
I mean is his running the same power as it was new? Is it running properly etc? On paper they're similar but personally I think the 133 would take it. Newer, smaller. Lighter, they've got quite good engines in

I agree with Jjay, your car being lighter will probably edge it, especially if you're losing the back seats and spare wheel. That's about 40kg of weight loss. And with a slightly smaller engine you'll have less weight up front which could help off the line

MovingShadow":1g8fqadr said:
Think it will come down to who can shift the fastest :)
Agree with this... The cars are so similar on paper I reckon the majority of a win or loss will be down to who launches quickest and changes quickest/most efficient.

Good luck, let us know the results!

Doubt they both make book power anyway :lol:

It'll come down to who gets the better launch and changes gear the best, also imagine your tyres will make a big difference if they're grippy and don't just spin up and aren't budgets.

No tow truck hopefully and my dads mg is standard but he has just had the engine out and refurbished less then 1000milles ago

When you thinking of going? Might pop along and have a blast against you

BradGT":3q7m2u18 said:
Yes chicken ;)
Thought you'd be up for it.

Cruisinkiy might try getting a few other renaults along that day if that's alright with you?

I take my car up to Crail occasionally and my car is standard but I usually remove the back seats and the spare wheel and with the TCS off in the dry, can manage at 16.02 sec @ 87mph no problem. It's a good wee car on the 1/4 mile and the weight saving makes a huge difference

funky_d":1w1r1g7b said:
the weight saving makes a huge difference
+1 makes my gt feel a fair bit quicker but the back trys to dance all over the place under hard braking lol

Yeah makes a big difference in a GT but gets abit scary in the wet