'Reserve' tank..

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

triple9tommy

Reaction score
Hi guys,
Yesterday I needed to fill up as I was down to the last 'notch' on the fuel gauge [the one that flashes]
Expecting to get raped for nearly 40 litres when I filled up, it actually only took 34 litres, meaning that the last notch actually represents 6 litres...bearing in mind its a 40 litre tank...
I appreciate some of this may have been hiding in fuel lines etc :D

Is this right?!

triple9tommy":1b0rygjn said:
Hi guys,
Yesterday I needed to fill up as I was down to the last 'notch' on the fuel gauge [the one that flashes]
Expecting to get raped for nearly 40 litres when I filled up, it actually only took 34 litres, meaning that the last notch actually represents 6 litres...bearing in mind its a 40 litre tank...
I appreciate some of this may have been hiding in fuel lines etc :D

Is this right?!

I've heard a few people saying they've had problems filling up. I've never had any problems and haven't heard anyone mention it for a while though.

Thanks for this...
Thinking about it, it dropped a notch on the gauge after 7mi driving yesterday...so that would probably explain it :)

Mine seems to be different every time, some times when I fill up when the red lights just came on and it takes 30 litres only and other times ive got 1 bar left before the red and its taken 38-40 :?

Won't it let you fill all the way up?
This was a problem on Peugeot 206's they would only let you fill 2/3 of the tank - mine was ok but would annoy the hell out of you if it was you

Bones":2cd28n4q said:
Wish I could afford to fill the tank everytime! :cry: :lol:

Hahaha i have that problem i just get depressed to put more than £40 in, as when i first got the twingo, I could very rarely get it over £38.

Yeah I can now put over £50 in mine to fill it up.
128.9 here but found a 125.9 sainsburys garage near work

Mine is normally about 40 to brim. Although I never do that unless going on track as I don't see the point in dragging 20+ extra KGs around with me when doing urban.

My personal record on the first notch to go (after fill up) is 83 miles! And I have proof.

pritchp":1hyy0gtj said:
83 miles!!?!?!?! mines about 43!!!

Yeah I couldn't believe it - I was trying admittedly - 60mph constant etc.

Oh and I lied - it was 85.6 miles! Excuse the blurry photo - I'm sure you can guess why.

18062009079.jpg

pritchp":36472ezz said:
Very impressive there! good work.. im jealous :/

I've never ever seen economy like that again - makes me suspicious the gauge was having an off day.

Just filled mine up: £43.

That's the most expensive visit to the pumps EVER for me...

... and I used to have a Mondeo :shock:

I put 45 litres in mine on the weekend and got 500 miles out of the tank !!! was well shocked, over 50mpg was going 56 on the motorway tho, just to prevent my ears bleeding