Removing "twingo" from boot

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LC

Reaction score
It looks asif it's only adhesive on the car and is peeling away, what are the steps too removing this, regards

Heat it up a bit and peel it off. Use something like "sticky stuff remover" to remove any left over adhesive and then polish :)

maggi112":2ufx6asa said:
I want to say hammer.

But heat, finger nail/tooth pick followed by tar/glue remover then Polish seems more appropriate

Hammer and chisel :lol:

I'm gonna give mine ago this weekend, I believe heat n careful peeling will remove it.

Hairdryer the letters till they're warm, credit card the corners, peel slowly but firmly, give it a good clean & voila your done!

Had my car since 2011. First wash and half the decal came off. 2 years later and I still can't get rid off the leftover adhesive :/

Moomin_Man":1xpdkf48 said:
Had my car since 2011. First wash and half the decal came off. 2 years later and I still can't get rid off the leftover adhesive :/
In which case, you will need to be careful as the glue will probably have gritty bits stuck in it.

Autosmart Tardis works well as a tar and glue remover as it comes in a big can so its actually quite cheap when compared to some of the other smaller bottles.

Good wash first, wet cloth with tardis and hold on to glued area for a minute to allow it to soften. Lightly scrape the glue, re applying the wetted cloth for stubborn bits.

Attack tar spots the same way, allowing them to be melted and wiped away, rather than scrubbed off.

Wash off residue, wax/seal :)

singlespeed -

Have you ever had or heard of problems with ghosting once removal of TWINGO decal ?

singlespeed":34ac0l8d said:
Moomin_Man":34ac0l8d said:
In which case, you will need to be careful as the glue will probably have gritty bits stuck in it.

Autosmart Tardis works well as a tar and glue remover as it comes in a big can so its actually quite cheap when compared to some of the other smaller bottles.

Good wash first, wet cloth with tardis and hold on to glued area for a minute to allow it to soften. Lightly scrape the glue, re applying the wetted cloth for stubborn bits.

Attack tar spots the same way, allowing them to be melted and wiped away, rather than scrubbed off.

Wash off residue, wax/seal :)

JSB101":2hp6te96 said:
singlespeed -

Have you ever had or heard of problems with ghosting once removal of TWINGO decal ?
The paint revealed from under factory applied stickers will be swirl and scratch free (atleast it should be). If your paint in general is swirled and scratched, you will be able to notice the shape of the sticker.

A polish should cure it unless your paint is very bad and removing the scratches sufficiently isnt possible.