Recall on my 2013 RS133!!

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nick3814

Reaction score
Had an email today from my dealership saying there is a "campaign" on my RS133 to do with the rear hub bolts, anyone else had this?

Just wondering how serious this'll be? They don't say and haven't replied to my reply querying it yet and it'll probably be after Christmas by the time I can book it in!

Is that the single nut that keeps the whole disc and wheel bolted onto the car?? If so I'd not drive it lol

Spoke with dealer today, rear hub bolts need checking and then possibly replacing if needed, going Tuesday afternoon with her for an hour.

Theres been previous recalls for front suspension bolts and also wheel bolts. Neither of which are on the above link :?

At the dealers now waiting, nice pic in waiting area

y2ara5yb.jpg

Well I was only in half an hour. Turns out it's the actual hub nut either side. I watched them through their service window, car didn't even go up on the lift, just enough to take rear wheels off and the report was good, no need to change them :D

Nick3814":n4sy8e16 said:
Well I was only in half an hour. Turns out it's the actual hub nut either side. I watched them through their service window, car didn't even go up on the lift, just enough to take rear wheels off and the report was good, no need to change them :D
Well that's good news, at least it's been checked and you haven't had to pay

I've been speaking to RUK in the hope that they could help shed some light on the exact reason for this campaign.

Turns out that there is a recall on a handful of RS Twingos about to be launched, my dealership has acted rather quickly, as soon as they have been informed which is nice

They say it's only on a handful of cars and it's to check the hub nuts are torqued upto 175nm nothing more.

Fare to say I'm pretty happy with my dealer so far

Nick, what do you mean to be launched?

Jeremy said the last cars were being delivered shortly, absolutely ages ago it seems. I was hoping they would finally release details of the number of cars registered

Sorry it's the way I've phrased it, the recall is about to be launched ;)