Rattle coming from passenger footwell

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

funky_d

Reaction score
This has came and went since I bought the car but since changing my rear brake pads yesterday (the relevance to this I do not know), I'm experiencing a constant rattle coming from the passenger footwell. On closer inspection though it seems to be coming from inside the centre console.

It happens whilst driving, idling, everything. Last night I had a prod around and after burning my finger on some sort of hot metal part under the glovebox, I gave up. Has anyone else had this/know what it is that's rattling? At least if I know what the offending part is I could tape it up or something...

Hot metal under the glovebox. Heater pipes come through the bulkhead and into the heater matrix just at the top right corner of the passenger side footwell.

Is it definately inside, as I've an exhaust heatshield that rattles and buzzes which is winding me up. It doesn't do it whilst stationary so finding which bit is the culprit will be fun.

Gearbox upper mount still intact?

Funny enough I'm getting a small noise from my passenger area but on when throttle is down just slight resonating noise been driving me absolutely nuts lol