Pressure Washers

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Monster Detail":2y6qnsm0 said:
A low powered pressure washer is more than enough power for car cleaning.

There's no point in getting a high powered one, unless you need the power for other purposes. The results will not be any better, or achieved any quicker and the risk of inflicting damage is much higher.

Whilst there's a bit of a stigma attached to pressure washers and the damage that they can do, if used sensibly, a low powered one will not inflict any damage, whereas a high powered one can cause significant damage!

Couldn't agree more. What I would deem a normal pressure washer, such as one from a DIY shop or similar will do fine and not harm the car.

It's like anything, a bit of common sense and it doesn't do any harm. With detailing you hear a lot of things that are the big no, no's, when actually they're not as bad as you'd led to believe.

A lot of people will cringe at the use of a sponge, yet a lot of detailers will still user grouting type sponges. Drying blades and chamois aren't as harmful as some will make out but if used with a bit of common sense don't hurt. Same goes for pressure washers.

To be honest I don't know but the domestic one is likely to be the one you'd want to go for.

Looking at the picture, the connection looks the same on both of them. lol

gordiniseb":19nnvnyz said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nq6t8w-v-kU
This is a Autoglym TFR foam cannon in action.

Didnt relise Autoglym did one!!!!!!!

Shame the car was already clean so you cant see how well it works :(

gordiniseb":kne65gjf said:
Ive had karchers in the past, but the seals go. Now have my second Demon Steam cleaner. Expensive but bullet proof.

Who make demon steam ?

Also can you get a snow foam to connect to them ?

gordiniseb":30we8l3l said:

This pressure washer seems pretty decent but the bloke defeats the object of snow foaming the car (basically trying to avoid imparting swirl marks) by using that water blade, they scratch cars to bits and are much worse than using a chamois.

Monster Detail":m6yilqqv said:
gordiniseb":m6yilqqv said:

This pressure washer seems pretty decent but the bloke defeats the object of snow foaming the car (basically trying to avoid imparting swirl marks) by using that water blade, they scratch cars to bits and are much worse than using a chamois.

Yeah been told by autoglym rep not to use on bodywork only glass.

gordiniseb":3qnz5naw said:
Monster Detail":3qnz5naw said:
gordiniseb":3qnz5naw said:

Yeah been told by autoglym rep not to use on bodywork only glass.

Exactly

Thanks very much mate! If you're in the market for any Dodo Juice products, let me know, because I offer very good discounts for 133.net members. I'm also going to be stocking some new products very shortly (likely to include: optimum no rinse, bilberry wheel cleaner, blue wheel gel, G101, autosmart tardis etc).

I used mine a bit ar the weekend cleaned 3 cars and the drive twice (washed 2 cars on saturday 1 on sunday) and it seems to be fighting strong. There a little noisey but a bit of noise hurts no one :lol:

If i was to buy another i would buy it from here again as they seem good value for money 6 months warrenty or for a extra 5.99 a years warrenty.

My one is a little bit more powerful and has wheels and only cost £40ish so cant grumble one bit. I would recommend a hose extension aswell though then you done have to keep moving it. As i found out saturday that forced me to visit B&Q sunday morning :)