Playstation 4

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr_Ben

Reaction score
So, has anyone got any clue what the hell that announcement actually showed?!?! :lol:

No backwards capability, 4k resolution games, share button, Dualshock 4, no actual pictures of the machine or pricing....

Now the wait begins on what MS brings to the party...

Aren't they also using the same kind of technologie like what Onlive presented? (playing your game on a live stream, means your games wont be restricted by the hardware).

Blizzard is going to make games for the PS4 (Diablo 3 is coming to console) & also Bungie is coming to PS4 with 'Destiny' and apparently Capcom is showing something cool with 'Deep down'.

I thought the new controller looked pretty neat. And so did killzone !

Shame they didnt show the actual console , but hey atleast they put 8gb Ram albeit GDDR5 not to be confused with DDR5

If you believe what you've read it'll be same cpu, slower gpu (but levelled by the amd architecture in the cpu) but crucially DDR3 vs the DDR5 in the PS4, either way looks like the PS4 will be quicker than the xbox offering, however, the PS3 was always a better console but took too long for the games to really pick up. I understand it's far easier for developers on the new platforms though

The controller doesn't look amazing to me, the touch pad has ruined it

Yeah the controller did look interesting, how they integrate it into games could be interesting, but I s'pose they've had a little practice with the Vita.

It's all still guesswork ATM in regards to spec until closer to the release.

Drive club looks v nice too.

I wasnt too fussed but after seeing the trailers for Killzone and Infamous I'm interested, I've always been a Playstation guy but I have started leaning towards Xbox, it'll be interesting to see what Microsoft Unveil :)

maggi112":29z0ldul said:
If you believe what you've read it'll be same cpu, slower gpu (but levelled by the amd architecture in the cpu) but crucially DDR3 vs the DDR5 in the PS4

No such thing yet as DDR5 , its GDDR5

DDR3 > GDDR3 > GDDR5

These are specific for Graphics memory.

My mistake there. I had it all lower case and changed it when it read all wrong. Then made it all wrong :eek:

Rither way, it'll monster the Xbox on spec like the ps3 did. But without the support or developers able to throw themselves into it, it won't work. Which it sounds like they've sorted. So should be onto a winner.

I hope so, as its looking like make or break for Sony

Ollie133cup":323v93tw said:
I thought the new controller looked pretty neat.

You're kidding right?

A) that controller was uncomfortable to hold in PS1 guise
B) it looks like someone has taken a DualShock3 pad and slapped some gaffer tape around the middle of it!
C) When will they learn that the left stick and the D-Pad should be swapped around!

The design of that pad makes the shoulder buttons and 'triggers' really uncomfortable to use.

Ollie133cup":3azmbq3q said:
Everyones aloud an opinion , i like it .

Let me guess you love the 360 controller?

:D

I love the 360 controller, to the point that I bought a PS3, got really bad cramp from using the controller after 10 mins, so bought an adaptor and wired 360 controller to replace it. :lol: :shock:

Weird thing is, I had the PS1/PS2 and never had any problems with the controller!

The 360 pad just fits in the human hand better i think.

MeatHelmet":2d1j1wy7 said:
Ollie133cup":2d1j1wy7 said:

I love the 360 controller, to the point that I bought a PS3, got really bad cramp from using the controller after 10 mins, so bought an adaptor and wired 360 controller to replace it. :lol: :shock:

Weird thing is, I had the PS1/PS2 and never had any problems with the controller!

Unless you were raised by a Playstation like me and then your hands have morphed to suit the pad haha :lol:

I have no problems with the Dualshock controller. Feels solid and good in your hands.

360 controller feels too cheap and clumsy, its build for fat American hands :p

MovingShadow":1odkone4 said:
I have no problems with the Dualshock controller. Feels solid and good in your hands.

I'll give you the fat ;)

But I will not have you accuse me of being American. How very dare you :lol:

LCplParks":2jtk7e72 said:
MeatHelmet":2jtk7e72 said:
Ollie133cup":2jtk7e72 said:

Unless you were raised by a Playstation like me and then your hands have morphed to suit the pad haha :lol:
spot on! ;-p

MovingShadow":31v6q5yr said:

I play with expensive aftermarket controllers lol

Well i did it this morning and pre ordered after staying up early to watch the sony press conferance .

Everything about it has won me over from formely being an Xbox man.

That new Tom clancys game just looked Fkin awesome from ubisoft though but not out till 2014.

Ah awesome. I will probably wait until its been out a while. I love my 360, but this whole new concept of having to play online, aswell as not being able to share/buy preowned games is ridiculous. It seems like its all about the money for Microsoft instead of the gaming experience like PS.

Ollie133cup":27gt9ft9 said:
Well i did it this morning and pre ordered after staying up early to watch the sony press conferance .

Everything about it has won me over from formely being an Xbox man.

That new Tom clancys game just looked Fkin awesome from ubisoft though but not out till 2014.

You mean the division? Watching the video of that I thought it was amazing. So many awesome details

[youtube]O_j9uKBmUEk[/youtube]