Picking up your 133

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karl

Reaction score
So when picking up your 133 24 hours before how was you?

I was at work twiddling my thumbs as the time count down went so slow. 5.30 came and it was home time and all was going though my mind was few hours then to bed few hours seemed like another day. Then the following morning when i went to pick it up i was there 30 minutes early and also stopped 4 times on the way down for 15 minutes each time :lol:

i was bouncing off the walls with excitement, i couldnt sleep that night. and yer Karl i was the same i think i got there 20 min before the garage opened

i had only driven a 1.2 clio before 'the noodle' and from the test drives it made smilie so much whihc made the wait even worse

I was very excited though not looking forward to the 443 mile drive to get it. Worked on Friday during the day and left my house at 2100 Friday night, arrived at 0830 on Saturday, signed the paperwork and raced it all the way home. Best way to start a life with a new car, 443 miles of open road!

Picked mine up after work. Was at a clients and couldn't wait to leave their office! Was at Renault earlier than arranged and out within 20 mins. Literally checked for damage and all was well, went in, grabbed key, sign paper and went out. Think I got in about 2am the next morning and I had to be at the clients early again but I didn't care :lol:

Been 1 year this week since I got her. And I'm back at the same clients, they already asked if I'm bringing her XD

maggi112":3kkrz6ca said:
And I'm back at the same clients, they already asked if I'm bringing her XD

thats cool, nice to know the little old twingos are memorable interesting cars.

where i am working now, my bosses are planning on making a space in teh carpark for me to drive up one day so they car see her

I was excited I picked mine up after work. Got off my bus and rushed down there I even used there phone to transfer my insurance

Think the scary bit to the run up to getting mine was when i phoned Sewards and asked if they had received my private plate transfer documents along with my V5 and the reply i got was no. Then when i checked the recorded delivery they had been signed for!

The postman posted them to the wrong company! Had all the correct address and what not but they decided not to take the to Renault Sewards and took the round the courner to another car garage.

A day before I picked up Ringo I was excitedly trying to not look at 133 info on the web whilst trying to work. Was actually quite sad at the time of pick up as I had a fair bond with my previous car, but the 60mile drive home was pure awesome

Truthfully......?

I was meh, it took that long to 'make it' I got bored.

The unveiling was good and a bit of a show but nowt else.

Driving it on the road it's just a box and it was a means to an end to reduce costs and at the same time get me back on track.

It hasn't excited me as much as it seems it has others, maybe was spoiled by my previous car. Don't get me wrong it's a good little car but it's still a meh from me.

Travelled to birmingham after getting screwed around on a price of a 133 at toomey basildon (ad said 6500 they said 7500 and ive seen it in thw showroom recently at 8500!!)

Lookes at car had 15 mins to get tax got the tax bought the car and drove home...the whole way trying to get the seat comfortable which 2 weeks later still hast happened lol

Collecting my new silverstone GP tomorrow, so very eagar to get behind the wheel. Taking the afternoon off work to collect a 2pm. Don't think i will sleep much tonight!

I got abit pissed off waiting for dvla to put my private plate on my car if it wasn't for that I would of had it in a couple of days

I was having a normal day at work thinking I couldn't get my car untill the weekend and got a phone call saying it was ready to be collected so I took the afternoon off work so I could get it :D

Mine was a bit like panda.. Drove in in me pug 207 then drove out in a twingo.. Better to drive but having so many problems... part of me wishes I shouldn't have bothered!!!

Mr_Ben":2ro48rb0 said:
I was meh, it took that long to 'make it' I got bored.

I must admit I was a bit like this. I waited a lot longer due to specifying the blue inserts before they were on the order form, by the time it arrived I'd waited 3 months for it!

That said although I'd driven the other half's car a month or so earlier, my Gordini just felt awesome to drive as it was the same car but with more toys!! :)

My Megane on the other hand was so exciting I think I a bit of wee came out. Again I'd waited over 3 months after the summer backlog at the Dieppe factory. When it arrived I was blown away and still love it just as much to this day! :cool:

The moment it arrived back at the tender age of 23 when I still lived with my parents! haha

Arrival1.jpg

Mine was all ready to be picked up on 1st March last year but I was working a two week trip which ended up turning into 6 weeks. So, finaly after two days travelling back from Nigeria, I landed in Aderdeen on 27th and caught the train straight through to Inverness to collect it.

A nice handover from Mike, and drove it out of the showroom before heading straight home for a shower and a good sleep.

Karen picks up her new Twingo later today :) I may see it on Friday unless the weather grounds the choppers or the job doesn't go as planned :?

Well, i was at work and picking the car up on my birthday...so i had two things to get excited over!
Time went very slowly and i made my self go to sleep early so i could get to the garage at 8:30am.
Woke up, showered and was ready to go at 8:00am, so excited, had all my documents ready (had also sold my merc 4 weeks early so i had been car-less for weeks. Girlfriend arrived to give me a lift and then i got a call saying the car wouldnt be ready until 1:00pm.
I had planned to take it to the lake district and give it a good running in. Lot's of twisty roads and lush views.

1:00pm came, left the showroom at about 2:30, by the time i was ready to go it was gone 3:00pm and no longer seemed worth it...i had however forgotten all about my birthday so it must be a good car xD