Phobias? - Don't go posting pictures to scare the afflicted

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moomin_Man

Reaction score
No thread on this from what I can see!

What phobias to people have?

I'll start with:
Submarines - My biggest phobia
Boat Hulls, Buoys, harbours and docks.
Spiders (anything bigger than 5mm diameter) - Also terrifying

Spiders for me, I hate the b*stard ar$hole things!!

Strangely I can look at one on TV or in a tank but a housespider running across the carpet makes me poop!!

Alex_225":1tb5i8ee said:
Spiders for me, I hate the b*stard ar$hole things!!

Strangely I can look at one on TV or in a tank but a housespider running across the carpet makes me poop!!

Same! I can look at them on TV or in tanks (although i try not to or i'm guaranteed they will pop in my dreams later that night)
But yeh, house spiders spotted in the corner of your eye, immediate legs up and panic.

I don't think I have any now. It was needles after getting loads of jabs when joining the Airforce. Although, giving blood now just means its unpleasant getting jabbed.

I once mentioned clowns at work and the supervisor ran out of the cabin :shock: I didn't know you could be phobic of clowns

Spiders..

My drum room was crawling with them, as the plasterboarding my dad did had smalls gaps everywhere.. They came in, and they were everywhere. I had to hoover about 30 spiders away everyweek.. And i meen like 60mm thin legged ones.. And a couple turantula-like huge bodied house spiders (i am being deadly serious, i nearly cried a few times)

So i plastered it and decorated the whole lot.. 'Just' to keep them out.. It worked though!

BlackTwingo-i":38yud8ub said:
Spiders..

My drum room was crawling with them, as the plasterboarding my dad did had smalls gaps everywhere.. They came in, and they were everywhere. I had to hoover about 30 spiders away everyweek.. And i meen like 60mm thin legged ones.. And a couple turantula-like huge bodied house spiders (i am being deadly serious, i nearly cried a few times)

So i plastered it and decorated the whole lot.. 'Just' to keep them out.. It worked though!

Sounds like hell, i think iv'e had nightmares like that. Spiders coming out of the wall...eughhhh

Its weird how people can be scared of house spiders but can look at tarantulas. I'm the same the long legged house spiders freak me out but I've held a friends chilli rose tarantula and it was lovely. I think they are so fascinating to watch and would like to own one when I've done more research and have my own house although doubt the other half would let me!!

For me though its clowns, watched Stephen kings IT when I was young and freaked me out for life!

I dont think i would be scared of a turantula either y'no!

I think my fobia of them is when;

They are close to me,
I have just lost sight of one in my room :|
They run fast.. In any direction, i 'will' shit myself
They have funky colours on them

I dont really mind toooooo much about them, but i would definaltey crybif one was on my skin. Thats the twisting point where i would have to kill one.

Heights

Spiders not great with but can deal with them without harming them

Heights, spiders and clowns scare the s**t out of me.

My mum has a tarantula which she wanted me to feed when she went away. no way!!

Technically you can't have a phobia of tarantulas because they can kill you a phobia is defined as a fear of something irrational (clowns)

My other half is shit scared of birds!! Honestly it's completely crazy!! She won't go in pet shops in case they are some in there even if she knows they are caged. Walking around Blackpool town centre is a nightmare!! She is constantly ducking and diving in and out of Shops and going completely out of her way just go around them even if it means going on to the nxt street. Have you ever been driving along and thing oh crap that birds flying right at me? And then you miss it buy an inch? Well it's happened to use a few times and she lituraly ducks down thinking it's gona come through the windscreen. That brings me to my phobia and that's sitting in the passenger seat as she ducks when she is supposed to be driving!!!! All though I always get bolocked by her for laughing at her I do feel sorry for her! Iv been with her for four years and twice she got her self so worked up whilst in town and once on Holliday she actually cried she was that scared!! Oh And she really dispises people that feed birds and them kids that like to chase pigeons and make them fly everywhere! Lol

That's my phobia actually! Sitting in a car and not driving it because I pretty much drive myself everywhere when I need to so I get in peoples' cars and I hate not being in control of it I'm constantly checking to make sure they're not going to kill us and its no reflection on anyone's driving skill because my dad is a IAM member and a driving instructor and even when he drives I can't stand it!

I'm very lucky to have non that I have found so far.

....apart from my deep pathological fear of washing cars

Moomin_Man":2ik0v7qd said:
No thread on this from what I can see!

What phobias to people have?

I'll start with:
Submarines - My biggest phobia
Boat Hulls, Buoys, harbours and docks.
Spiders (anything bigger than 5mm diameter) - Also terrifying

U have a phobia of submarines? That's a new one but fair enough (I work on 1)

I hate heights

I don't really like small spaces, I can get really chlaustrophobic if I don't have enough room (why I'm not particularly fond of going to busy gigs or being in the middle of a large bustling crowd for instance)

One thing that really makes my skin crawl is the though of being buried alive...

I had a mate at school that was petrified of chalk it was really weird but he couldn't move for the fear of being near a stick of chalk :/

I also used to know a girl at school who had an irrational fear of cotton wool, like, the noise and feel of cotton wool, particularly when you tore it apart?

My dad has a phobia of Brillo pads aswell actually...