Pedal alignment.

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr_Ben

Reaction score
Now this could be an interior thread or a brake thread mods do as you please :)

Here goes....

Don't know even if I'm going to do this buuuuuttttt....

As the accelerator pedal is lower than the brake pedal has anyone thought about raising the accel. pedal up to the same height as the brake pedal? Be that through bending the accel. or putting washers in....

Pros / cons / ideas / comments that I'm a twat for considering it....? :lol:

Just a thought, if you bent it would it mean that the first bit of pressure you apply to the pedal won't do anything..and following on, wouldn't it mean the pedal wouldn't go flat to the floor?

I'm just curious as I know nothing about this

Erm we had this convo up in wales, or atleast you did with my father!

Question is why...? Its feels alright where it is, and with the slight play on the brake pedal it brings it to the right level to heal and toe when pressing the brakes!

Did I?!?! Oops

To me it doesn't there's too much 'drop' even with the play taken into account. Maybe I need to get it back on track harder to stop asking silly questions.

Yeah you mentioned building the level up with foam :s

My advice would be leave alone, but each to their own tbf, I havent tracked it (yet) so dont know the feel out on it, but attacking corners like in wales, and around here the pedal set up works!

Feedback from my dad after driving is that the setup feels adequate, and comprehensive to more powerful vehicles he has driven. coming from a 2 times british rally champion think that says enough!!

Foam?!? Ahhh that was in a Honda video with a race driver as a temp measure.

In Wales it still felt out but I wasn't pushing it.

Far from dissing your Dad I just forgot. Agreed its all personal hell Renault should know what they're on about.

Oh no dissing felt from this side!!1

If you feel it would benefit you and your track attack then go for it!! Its gotta feel right for 100% commitment!

Ah sorry, I should have expanded slightly, any difference in pedal layout like same height blah blah!!

Same position in the pedal setup in the rally cars.
Tbh, the pedals feel in pretty good position on the Twingo, my only issue with it is just that the throttle pedal could benefit from behind wider at the bottom, reducing the lateral space between brake / throttle when doing heel-toe. It's a bit better on the Clios for example, but just change the pedals pads and that's good to go.

I've tested a VAG recently on the Nordschleife, man, that is a bad setup! Even with my big feet I could barely do the heel-toe due to the massive space between the pedals!

yotah1":1a950lec said:
Same position in the pedal setup in the rally cars.
Tbh, the pedals feel in pretty good position on the Twingo, my only issue with it is just that the throttle pedal could benefit from behind wider at the bottom, reducing the lateral space between brake / throttle when doing heel-toe. It's a bit better on the Clios for example, but just change the pedals pads and that's good to go.

I've tested a VAG recently on the Nordschleife, man, that is a bad setup! Even with my big feet I could barely do the heel-toe due to the massive space between the pedals!

well i was thinking about getting this (to ease up the heel toeing >_<) this maybe something for you yotah :D https://www.pitlanemotorsport.com/shop/en/renault-twingo-r2/3136-renault-twingo-r2-pair-of-mirrors-in-carbonfiber.html

Carbon is slippery and too expensive, worthless. I'll upgrade maybe to R2 pedals after the summer but anyway the pedal box will be changed next winter...

Raise the accelerator pedal.. Means you can push it further down.. Makes you go faster.

Gareth":3znj81x7 said:
Raise the accelerator pedal.. Means you can push it further down.. Makes you go faster.
in what fantasy world do you live in :D

GhostZ":1alx0mjt said:
Gareth":1alx0mjt said:
one with lots of naked women

GhostZ":27238o8n said:
Gareth":27238o8n said:
Well he is driving a Ford so cut him some slack :twisted: :mrgreen: