Paintwork Warranty

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Max

Reaction score
Just noticed the paint on my drivers side front wheel is flaking off...
It's only 2 months old. Someone please tell me my warranty will cover this...

I think I've read about a lot of people complaining about wheels.. For example mine (and many others) are only gloss black on the face... the back of the alloy is CRAP. Some people have had re-sprays to sort this and also the flaking issue so I imagine it IS covered by warranty.. It'll just be a bit hard to get them to sort it. Get in contact with a local dealer and ask them, if they refuse, contact RUK customer services and have them take a look. Usually if you go straight to Renault after a dealer refusal they will sort it out but it depends on the situation.

You would need to contact your local dealer to be fair as its a hard one

I'll ring my dealer on Monday!

Here's the problem!
6f8d3d5a.jpg

You can tell that is flaking and not damaged by kurbage so i cant see it being a issue but as said before you will need to talk to your local dealer

Yeah definitely a problem there! The only thing is they will try and pass the blame onto you by saying it's caused by products you use on the wheels... Just tell them you don't clean it :p

I got in contact with Ruk about the issue altho mine wasn't flakin bit fading to like a grey rather then black and got 200 quid compo to get them powdercoated So get in contact with Renault guys.

Acid cleaning products can damage the paint thats why i only use normal car shampoo on my wheels.

Oh good! I knew just by looking at it that it wasn't damage just needed others opinions on it too. I'll definatly give my dealer a call on Monday about it! Thanks for the input guys!

Anyone you want

Weybridge 01932 855021
St Johns 01483 715600
Woking 01483 720322

Update!

Been a while I know but I took the car to have the wheels looked at last wednesday!
(they have gotten progressively worse since)
And they have offered me a re-spray of them! I have accepted knowing full well if it happens again I'll be straight on their case again!

Heres to hoping they lend me a Megane 250 CUP while I'm waiting lol

Wow this is obviously a more common problem then I first thought!

Just to add I contacted renualt uk first and they were extremely helpful booked me in at the dealer and all... So it might be your first point of call.

From the time I made the complaint to the resolution next week it's only 2 weeks. That's pretty good imo!

Mine where painted by Renault dealer i bought it from, but the alloys needs a repair anyway due to road side parking and letting the boyfriend drive it :)

Fortunately the finish on my Mrs black rims is holding out ok although you can see that inside the bolt holes isn't black. I guess they just do a quick respray of the rims when they're requested in black. I'm thinking that I may get the Mrs car in to have the wheels powder coated black for a more solid finish.

Fortunately they've taken a fair bit of time on the Gordini wheels!!