No longer a garage! Now a room for the car.

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nick3814

Reaction score
Hi guys, not been on here much lately tied up with work and the few days I have had off I've been making some radical changes to my garage which is now officially my man cave (the misses thinks I'm mental) but as I rarely do any maintenance on the motors now as they're new and I prefer detailing I thought I'd make it more like a room for the car than a garage :)

I've had the floor and halfway up the walls clad in red/black self adhesive floor tiles for a while now so it's not been a regular garage as most people would imagine and those that know me though that was a step too far, I cared not ;)

I've had the bench and cupboards fitted for a few years now so I fitted a wheel pod last Autumn to hold the spare wheels I have for the RenaultSports and boarded part of it out to store bits and pieces on it.

So over the winter I purchased a couple of Stanley garage cupboards for Tescos direct and took down a load of less than straight shelving I'd had up for a number of years now.

Now the bit that's different! Slatwall! What the hells Slatwall I here you say? It's the MDF panels that some shops are clad in with grooves fitted in them horizontally to hang shelves and accessories from.
As I had to get them 4ft square I needed pieces to fill in between the bench and where the board finishes and continued this across the back and down the main wall of the garage. I made these out of chip board and wrapped them in a carbon fibre wrap (you got to love eBay :) ) then wrapped the bench in the same film to tidy it up.

e9ume3y3.jpg

So I've bought some hooks, a couple of rather nice clear acrylic shelves, a document holder and a phone holder ( more on that later ;) )

So I've got a selection of signed F1 caps and some none signed ones I wanted to display and also picked up a rather nice Monaco framed poster signed by John Surtees himself which sets the back wall off nicely.

dubuvyha.jpg

So the phone holder! I've gone all blue tooth for my tunes when in the man cave and purchased a Wireless Bluetooth speaker (really surprised how much sound these put out!) so I stick the iPhone in the holder next to the speaker so when I'm wondering back and forth it's not in my pocket and breaking up the signal ;)

a3a2y5um.jpg

And the final touch was lighting! The fluorescent tube is crap and I'm still pondering with the idea of some spot lights but discovered LED low voltage lighting strips on eBay, unbelievably cheap for what they are on 240v with a transformer I was able to hide the black wiring along one of the slats and run a set of self adhesive LEDs around the bench and a set under the front of the bench and along the underside of the carbon wrapped panels, pretty pleased with the result :)

2yvy2e5e.jpg

ahesyqyt.jpg

Oh, and the document holder? It holds the sales brochures that advertised my two RenaultSports!

ujepada2.jpg

pysy3a3u.jpg

rypu7ajy.jpg

Now if I could just get rid of that bloody tumble dryer!!

Thanks for looking guys :)

I'm not the slightest bit jealous one bit :lol:
When I eventually move out I am Definately copying you

Caz-133cup":1iolesp3 said:
Very impressive! One question...which car will live in here at night and christ I hope that bike doesn't fall on it!!

The 250 lives in garage mate;

abegy7ad.jpg

No chance of the bike coming down, it's much lighter than the last one which hung there for many years (he says with fingers crossed :D )

Just when I thought I couldn't get anymore jealous about your cars