no dash tweeters :(

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matbry01

Reaction score
so i found out yesturday that my car has no dash tweeter so what have i hane ? well dad is getting a reno sport van so have took out his dash ones out the old van and moddified them to fit mine boo ya ! :D bit i am asking do they just go in line with my door components ? as they allready got the cross overs on the back of the tweeter ?

If it's straight out of another car factory fitted then chances are it will have crude crossovers built into them so you should be able to plug 'em in fine.

So to hijack, but I keep seeing people saying about tweeters... What are they?

these (small speakers on the dash)
my2000tweeters.jpg

Matt":2wqk2d7t said:
If it's straight out of another car factory fitted then chances are it will have crude crossovers built into them so you should be able to plug 'em in fine.

they wont plug strate in :lol: they are in a adapter and the holes in the faulse ones are a bit small for the van ones so put the bench grinder to them to sand them down a bit and they fit snug into the mouldings for them :p

matbry01":nzu2ez83 said:
Matt":nzu2ez83 said:

they wont plug strate in :lol: they are in a adapter and the holes in the faulse ones are a bit small for the van ones so put the bench grinder to them to sand them down a bit and they fit snug into the mouldings for them :p
Fair enough! I suppose even if it came to it the plugs could be ripped off and wires joined (like all my speakers lol).

Take it it's all working then?

Courtney":3ng7nrem said:
So to hijack, but I keep seeing people saying about tweeters... What are they?

Our cars have them in, just look on the front of the dash and there are two small circle grills, if u listen closely to them they basically deal with the high output sounds, which is why some quite bassy songs sound better

The CUP doesn't have tweeters right? I can see the grills for them on the dash but I think they are blanks... Would a CUP be wired for tweeters is it just a case of buying some and plugging them in?

Having followed many of the tweeter/speaker threads.
It appears that some cars have fake tweeters, with wires connected to them, whilst other cars have the fakes but no wires.

Likewise with some cars having wiring there for rear speakers, whilst some dont

im pretty sure if you have the upgraded stereo system you should have the tweeters however i know some gordini owners don't have them either which seems strange as im sure the radio set up was the same in the brochure for the dynamique and gordini, they like to make things complicated and different lol

Think I remember reading somewhere that at least some o the gordini's have their tweeters with the others in the front doors

From RUK about gordini 133 speakers

The door speakers do have tweeters built into them, this is why there are no dash top ones

maggi112":2wh9cdwr said:
So what they mean is: we used cheaper, coaxials rather than proper components!
but then spent the price difference installing a fake tweeter to fill the hole :roll:

Found out yesterday my cup doesn't have tweeters but does have blanks with the wire attached, which is a result...

I understand that in a cup version it's about reducing weight right? So why bother putting the wires and fake tweeters in? Wouldn't it make more sense to put in a blank plate over the top?