New Tyre Time!

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Araf":3mmsrsfk said:
JE_GT":3mmsrsfk said:
Show me pics :)

Here you go...

$(KGrHqR,!pYE7Bcvm!0mBPpqnjBbsw~~60_12.JPG

Reminds me of New Mini wheels...

I would suggest trying Federal 595RSRs, REDICULOUSLY good in both wet and dry.
List 1B tyre, same category as Toyo R888s and Yokohama A048s.

Mate uses them on a Pulsar GTIR engined Primera and it handles like it's on rails.
Just grips and grips and grips some more.

I was torn between the 595RSR and yoko AD08.

The Federals were out of stock, but the Yokos were in, hence giving them a try. I've not had many miles to come to a conclusion but wet handling was ok. Hoping for some dry roads before putting the winter tyres back on :roll:

Loved the AD08s I had on my R26R, whilst the R888s ultimately offered more dry grip, as a road/every day tyre the AD08s were far superior, a lot less noise, 95% of the grip, double the tread and therefore lifespan, very stiff sidewall for good turn in. I've had a lot of different performance tyres over the years on my various cars and think the AD08 is my pick of the bunch as a performance road tyre.

If you're talking track biased rubber, then I found Pilot Sport Cups incredible. Not that much short of the levels of grip from slicks.

Continental ContiSport Contact have treated me well.
I have them on the Gordini and had a set for 23k miles on my old Clio172.
Never had a 'moment' in them where it wasnt surefootedly controlleable.

Michelin Pilot Exaltos on the 182 Cup - they are a cracking tyre wet or dry too.
I had Bridgestones on the Type R and they were good in the dry (and warm) weather but shiite in the wet. I'd have ended up with a bloody pacemaker if it had been a daily driver.

Exaltos or Contis. Good road tyres.

Araf":14noh0fe said:
If you're talking track biased rubber, then I found Pilot Sport Cups incredible. Not that much short of the levels of grip from slicks.

only get them in 18''s and 19''s though unless you know other?

The 1.2 is a very strong, but light wheel, at a good price. My daughter has them for her winter tyres on her VXR.

Very common though.

Yeah but they are quite pretty in that colour, I do like the Pro Race 3's but they're 17"s and might look silly.. if it's 16" multi spokes I'm after I can't decide between 1.2's and Turini's :/

JE_GT":25tuweyb said:
it's 16" multi spokes I'm after I can't decide between 1.2's and Turini's :/

You'll safe a shed load by going for 1.2s, but as mentioned, they are common as muck.

Turinis are much nicer IMHO but bear a heavier premium :(

Since were on about wheels does anyone know if either of these would fit under the gt arches?

15x7 et20
15x8 et0

I know spacers will be needed in either case but I can't remember the standard wheel specs!

madmatt":1ovfe98v said:
JE_GT":1ovfe98v said:
it's 16" multi spokes I'm after I can't decide between 1.2's and Turini's :/

You'll safe a shed load by going for 1.2s, but as mentioned, they are common as muck.

Turinis are much nicer IMHO but bear a heavier premium :(

They are about 100-150 cheaper I think... with better Tyres lol

Turns out I've completely disregarded everyones opinion and got the Speedline 2110's and some coilovers... will look nice when low :)

someone buy my springs ;)