New Induction system

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spitfire1

Reaction score
I'm not sure if many people have seen the air filter set-up on a 1.2 16V but what a bag of crap, it pulls hot air from the top on the engine and the diameter / length & pipe run is ridiculous, any way I've changed mine to a simple system which gives the car more cold air to breath plus a bigger volume, my first attempt was mainly to see if it would work. any way I've managed to tidy up now and get a better flow from the front end, I've used a carbon fibre kit from Car Builder Solutions, only cost £57.00 delivered including various reducer and a Alloy foil tube. I had to have a bespoke silicon elbow made by JS Performance (cost £27 delivered) as the throttle body is only 55mm O/D, so I had one made 57mm I/d to 70mm I/D which fits the air filter set-up I've used which includes a breather connection (I purchased the soft connector from Demon Tweeks £20 - pretty expensive but does the job right) I've then connected the foil tube to the front and fitted into the standard vent which comes through the front - so overal the sound is very nice over 3000 rpm and it does feel alot smoother - just needs a re-map now to tie in the exhaust, not expecting great BHP but it should be a whole lot smoother.

Here's a few pics:
IMG_1103.jpg

I've cut the existing engine cover to keep it clean, plus keeps the water out to the sparkplugs.

IMG_1104.jpg

Here's the filter without the cover:

IMG_1105.jpg

IMG_1106.jpg

Again please move if you feel this is in the wrong place.

That's a very nice set up. Wish I could do something like that with the GT engine.

But due to the turbo sitting in the back it's more difficult to place something that is sustainable.

I used to have a self made one too but wasn't happy with it..