New clio?

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Car in the photo is the DeZir concept, not a Clio.

To be fair, if they can reduce the weight and hide the handles, etc (thinking RX8 style maybe) then it won't be that bad. It would make a terrible all-out track car but it'll be a great hot hatch for many people, including those who tend to get rid of them (ie. parents to be).

After their shocking releases of the new models and their horrible new styling I hope they can claw their way back and get something half-decent out...

Thought the DeZir was this thing...

Renault-DeZir_1673879c.jpg

Matt":3hl0hc4h said:
Car in the photo is the DeZir concept, not a Clio.

To be fair, if they can reduce the weight and hide the handles, etc (thinking RX8 style maybe) then it won't be that bad. It would make a terrible all-out track car but it'll be a great hot hatch for many people, including those who tend to get rid of them (ie. parents to be).

After their shocking releases of the new models and their horrible new styling I hope they can claw their way back and get something half-decent out...

Just seen that they've changed the photo on that page since I looked. It did show something rather different to the DeZir, in fact something very similar to what's in BlackTwingo-i's link

car_photo_455770_25.jpg

I don't think this model of clio is to be released until the end of next year, beginning of the year after.. Were collecting our new one tomorrow.. so i hope not anyway!

Yeah. Think the new Clio is due late 2012 isn't it?

Fingers crossed... About the time this new one will be due to change!

Hope that isn't a production colour though coz its not very nice!

5 door small turbo engined renaultsport Clio :(

The value of my 200 just went up significantly!

Yeah I can't picture a Clio in a 5 door only. I think Ford made a cock up with the new Focus only being a five door and that's a bigger car that could just about get away with that!

Tbh, i cant see them not doing a 3dr RS clio they are going to lose to many customers . What 21.. yr old is going to want a 5 dr hot hatch?

Ollie133cup":2446oyp1 said:
Tbh, i cant see them not doing a 3dr RS clio they are going to lose to many customers . What 21.. yr old is going to want a 5 dr hot hatch?

Renault have already confirmed there will not be a 3 door Clio. :(

Penn":5h7zbnjs said:
Ollie133cup":5h7zbnjs said:

Yeh i just read that on RS forums. Bad times. :cry:

Penn":1f24kcck said:
Ollie133cup":1f24kcck said:

Looks like my next car is going to be a 2 year old 200 then...

:lol: i bet it'll turn out to be a right belter after all this negativity. No one ever wants to accept change but it's gotta happen and it's gonna. Better to embrace it and see what comes of it. I can't see renault getting it too wrong