New broadband package

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moomin_Man

Reaction score
2527156709.png

^Yet to test outside of peak times!

BT Infinity...pretty impressed so far! Never experienced speeds like it! Always gaming on CS:S German Servers, used to have a ping of about 55-60...dropped to 35-40 now which is great. Way better on British servers.
I feel like iv'e stepped into the future. Keep thinking back to my old PC in the 90's, with only 2GB HD. Now I have 3TB+ of Hard drive space and a 120g SSD...what next?.
How long before we start to slow down in these advances???

Just did a speed test at work (ISP: XLN Telecom)
We are capped at 20mb/s Download and 1mb/s Upload
I remember never getting any where near those speeds...usually 20mb/s packages got us 4-6mb/s.
Now we are exceeding the capped limit :shock:
2528860217.png

JE_GT":3olelm53 said:
Not bad for BT lol

Always avoided them...not sure why now.

Was with O2 with speeds quoted up to 16mb/s and only getting 5mb/s.
Glad I switched over now!

JE_GT":398dif84 said:
O2 are terrible. Ive been on virgin media fibre optic for about 3 years now lol, cant fault them!

I remember when that virgin package first came out but it was too expensive for me, should have checked back at some point :p

JE_GT":xs6qpfho said:
O2 are terrible. Ive been on virgin media fibre optic for about 3 years now lol, cant fault them!
i can if your getting ddosed and you have a static ip your not coming online for a very long time :D

my best speed test yet :lol:

You can change your ip by disconnecting your router for a bit i think lol, they'll only have a dhcp server giving out ip address leases to their customers routers?

JE_GT":1oipmyqi said:
You can change your ip by disconnecting your router for a bit i think lol, they'll only have a dhcp server giving out ip address leases to their customers routers?
yep but even if you phone them and tell them your getting ddosed and ask them to allocate you a new ip. they wont and the only way you can change your ip with them is spoofing your mac address which alot of people wont know how to do :)

We've just got fibre optic bt at my house. It's absolutely awesome. Get ridiculous download speeds compared to before.

2531419272.png

Sometimes i can get like 2.6mb download speed but it rare occasion.

everyone jealous of my speed. Talk Talk are just awful mainly because its a BT Line (they own the cables that provide the service) and also Talk Talk cap it at end of every month.

Ive complained to parents constantly to change but they keep refusing to changebecause it will mess up there Tiscali email adress which it wont in actual fact allowing Talk Talk to make a easy £20 a month. I live in country side aswell 3 miles from nearest town. cant wait to move somewhere else.

This is what I get at uni at peak times. Usually around 70-90mb/s.

Aren't the internet broadband deals at mega bytes rather than mega bits?

Moomin_Man":w06288bp said:
JE_GT":w06288bp said:
Not bad for BT lol

Always avoided them...not sure why now.

Was with O2 with speeds quoted up to 16mb/s and only getting 5mb/s.
Glad I switched over now!
Make yourself a reminder in 12 months to ring their customer services and tell them you want a better deal or you're switching to another provider.

They always give you a few quid off or add a few extra features if you do that. :idea:

Same for all providers I suppose. They make their profit from our laziness.