My little christian

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ollieallen":1pbdlhmp said:
Looking good! Love the colour, and considering its roller painted it looks great
+1 to this. I prefer the gray colour to Matts confused purple/blue

Unfortunately not, mine is still in bits and Elly is waiting for insurance to update. On top of that Elly is in London for Shine Saturday night/Sunday morning and then we might be going to modified live on Sunday. Busy times lol.

Matt":2334769k said:
singlespeed":2334769k said:
ollieallen":2334769k said:
Looking good! Love the colour, and considering its roller painted it looks great
+1 to this. I prefer the gray colour to Matts confused purple/blue
Don't worry mine is changing next month ;)
Matching grey for a his and hers drift team ;)

A few updates...

The welded diff is now fitted and i have stolen matt's bucket seat and harness ready for santa pod.
photo1_zps77914370.jpg

I bought some moss europe tsi's (turn signal intakes) which replace those ugly orange indicator/sidelights.
WP_20131003_009_zpsd25db188.jpg

WP_20131006_004_zpsfa184e07.jpg

I've never liked the frog eye headlights so i got a set of low profile headlights which cost me £250 :crazy: . They give him a more aggressive look.
photo2_zps087cd432.jpg

WP_20131008_013_zpsaab97e9b.jpg

photo3_zps0a7be4fd.jpg

Matt is a little jealous of my car now :twisted:. Me and matt be will off to santapod on saturday so he can teach me how do drift hopefully. I will update you on how i get on.

A colleague of mine sells MX5's kinda as a hobby. He used to do buggy's as well.

He has this Sunny Yellow Limited Edition for sale. It looks absolutely awesome that I'd almost buy it.

Yours is looking pretty good too :-D

That's quite good looking. I have wanted to do a drift MX5 for years but I would want it as a daily too and insurance would have cost too much. I think in January when I get 5 years no claims I will start hunting a decent one down :)
Have you had a chance to try drifting it yet?

DanPaul7":2rbolz2g said:
That's quite good looking. I have wanted to do a drift MX5 for years but I would want it as a daily too and insurance would have cost too much. I think in January when I get 5 years no claims I will start hunting a decent one down :)
Have you had a chance to try drifting it yet?

Im paying £160 a month, all mods declared and 0 no claims. The imports are more expensive to buy and insure. Winter is the best time to get one as nobody wants them so they are really cheap.

I've only done a few donuts at santa pod so not done much but its fun and is surprisingly easy once you get the hang of it.

Elly":2j07cn2t said:
Im paying £160 a month, all mods declared and 0 no claims. The imports are more expensive to buy and insure.
That's quite a lot :shock: I hope it's not that much for me as i'm only paying about 300 for the Twingo and i'm a tight git so don't fancy paying too much more :lol:
Could always get a UK standard model though I suppose, or are they not as good for some reason?

Late UK 1.6 models have less power (90bhp) whereas all import 1.6 models are the higher 115bhp. The imports are speed limited but that is removed by changing to UK clocks... Easy stuff.

My twingo insurance is around £300 and I pay around £550 to insure mine fully declared with a hell of a lot of modifications including a turbocharger. That should give you a nice idea of how much a modified one will cost you :)

Can't go wrong with that really! Just been payed too... time to start looking ;)

I finally got my vented bonnet back off Matt, so I gave it quick coat of battleship grey. It finishes the front end off nicely so now I need to start on the rear.
WP_20131027_005_zpsf8f0b24a.jpg

WP_20131027_006_zps7f5b208c.jpg

I left him out on the road one night without thinking, I came out the next morning to find he was pretty much touching the speed bump whoops! :eek:
WP_20131027_002_zps7737f02a.jpg

One of my low pro lights decided it was going to break on my way home :cry: :x. The end of the pivot arm has a ball joint that connects it to motor, fortunately I had the next day off so I took it apart and waited for Matt to come home and weld it for me :D
WP_20131029_002_zpsf4038c61.jpg

I get paid soon so I will be sorting the rest of the car out ready for show season next year. Matt is ordering new wheels for his so I will be getting my xxr's back next month :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Elly":2ykrrt5x said:
I left him out on the road one night without thinking, I came out the next morning to find he was pretty much touching the speed bump whoops! :eek:
WP_20131027_002_zps7737f02a.jpg
I think you will need to be carefull when parking nose in to a kerb... Infact, just carefull :?

Haha too late for that :p

"... Yeah, stop... stop... *CRUNCH*... Oh..."

You'd be surprised how flexible these fibreglass front ends are!