MX5 project thread

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was more for the noise to be honest, I do plan on mounting the phone for a proper view but I want to sort out all of the exhaust rattles first :p

Exhaust will be off next weekend to be wrapped entirely and new exhaust mounts fabricated to stop the exhaust hitting gearbox and Powerplant Frame.

We need more pictures of this car because the pictures shown here do not match with the one in your avatar :p

30716790.jpg

Decided to sticker the car up again which I will be sorting out tonight and hopefully applying on Friday. Got the whole of Friday to fix a couple of things and apply the stickers before an early night and early start the next day.

Lydden Hill Southwall Smokers Drift Day.

Will have PLENTY of photos from this :)

Yeah this Saturday. Visitor entrace is usually either 5 or 10 quid but I have a couple gate passes so I could put your name on my list and get you in for free. It's for the whole day, plenty of action from different groups (novice through to pro) and fit about 20 quid you can get a passenger wristband and go out with anyone who will let you (helmet required).

Ah damn I was hoping you might say next Saturday instead :( can't make it tomorrow I'm afraid. Let me know if you are down there again though. Will definitely come watch then

I'll be back there in April most likely, the next skid day there. Was LOADS of spectators so you won't be alone :)

Here's a photo, not showing much angle or smoke but it's a photo nonetheless :p

mx5drift_zps5c8ce91f.jpg

As you can see, she's changed quite a bit!

Oh on my first session this happened...

photo-5_zps1447fc83.jpg

Smashed lights, scratched bumper, cracked bumper (already starting stitching together in this photo) and bent tow hook. Most of the damage is under the bumper. Oh well!

Hit a wall by what i've seen on Twitter?

Looks good matt, 'Zip Tie Mafia' haha

Being a bit too cocky on my first session resulted in me literally driving into the wall. Unfortunately I had lost it trying to manji from a hairpin and once it started to head towards the wall I locked up.

Funnily enough, my mate and his go pro were just around the corner... :p

[youtube]5NWkHnsgwcQ[/youtube]

Yeah lol you can see for a split second I think about trying to bring it back but realise it's too late.

Roll on April... Will get loads of footage next time.

I'll give you oh well!

The sidelights will be coming out next time you go and the standard bonnet back on!

Already ordered non-standard replacements ;) plus the standard bonnet will be back on by April anyway.

Definitely wanna come watch next time. Let me know when it is won't you. I fancy getting some decent photos :D

looking good matt :mrgreen:

il have to go back and start reading this all over again now :roll:

looks really good matt, not sure about the colour tho :p

next time ur at pod il have to come down and watch

Think you should put it up in here when your running. Also thought about going too watch at pod and if you were running that would be cool

Had an absolutely awesome day at Lydden on Saturday. Done 100x better than last time and was getting consistent entries through most of the sessions. Loads of 3rd gear entries too :D Not even a bit faster than last time but A LOT faster.

935771_513383305392853_668985425_n_zps50e972d6.jpg

LHRC20130427_MB0071_zps3f79a968.jpg

8689021119_451249d442_b_zps246bcb44.jpg

902542_492868357446917_1391918651_o_zpsd0d98f53.jpg

Well it's time to start a new project thread for a new MX5... Problem is I don't have one yet but fingers crossed I can find a decent one this week and have a hectic week long build to get the car ready for Japfest and the next Santa Pod day.

bmw3_zpsbaf461f5.jpg

892492_160627794103910_144326701_o_zps9c2aba90.jpg

photo1_zps1c711ec1.jpg

photo4_zps5edc5002.jpg

On my last session of the day I had a spin and was closely followed in by a BMW who had nowhere to go. Bearing in mind I had been leaving this corner at the top of 3rd gear you can imagine the speed involved. My car had literally just come to a stop when I turned to see a BMW then BANG. Very painful but no damage to myself other than a few little cuts and bruises. Initially thought something was wrong as I couldn't breathe but I guess that was the shock of the impact.

Driver and passenger of the BMW are both OK, luckily I was on my own at the time.

These things happen... Just gotta get back out there and get over it!

Status
Not open for further replies.