Mulgari Re-Map complete

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ButlerRS

Reaction score
Hi guys, got my remap done through mulgari yesterday.
I didn't actually take the car to Ben, instead I went to Viezu in birmingham which is where they send the ecu.
They also added a bmc filter to the car

Jason, the owner there said it was the most powerful twingo they've touched and seriously impressed with the power and opening curve.
I've got 124bhp at the wheel and he said 155bhp at the fly wheel?
I personally don't know what it's meant to be, as I can't read the graphs atall!
can any one else come through with results, tell me if mine is as good as he says ?

But on the main note, my car drives a dream. So much smoother getting to the speeds and and all round joy to drive.
I didn't have any kangeroo jumps down my street but its slightly warm.
Tomorrow morning at 6am when I have to go to work will be the test. I'll keep you updated
But so far, I'm more than impressed by the smoothness!

Supposed to be roughly 133 at the flywheel, so that's pretty awesome.

Don't want to call foul but that does seem very high after just a remap. Do you have the graphs? Could be worth getting it tested on another rolling road.

Then again if your happy with it what's it matter!

weebob":1j37my2p said:
Don't want to call foul but that does seem very high after just a remap. Do you have the graphs? Could be worth getting it tested on another rolling road.

Then again if your happy with it what's it matter!

He said it was super high so they done two rolling roads, produced the same result
I'll upload the picture now of the graph.
As I say, I have no idea
I'm just going by what they've told me and put down :)

yeah me to, when i got there, i couldn't find the place so i got there late. they said i could either leave the car there or just get the map and an after rolling road.

so i don't know what my results were before :/

So just a map and a filter?

They ran a different rolling road to what mulgari usually measure theirs on... Since the car is in a different place physically. So I wouldn't compare to Karl and daz' maps.

maggi112":3fzw3rvd said:
So just a map and a filter?

They ran a different rolling road to what mulgari usually measure theirs on... Since the car is in a different place physically. So I wouldn't compare to Karl and daz' maps.

Yeah just a map and filter? they wouldnt believe i had nothing else done to it?
Unless the previous owned had, i know nothing.
I'm happy with the results I can feel, this bit of paper doesn't mean anything to me, so i doubt i'd go for another rolling road else where, they seem to know what they are doing.

If you got the result you wanted then its job done, at the end of the day its not all about figures, not about how drivable it makes the car.

I would of thought you would be looking at Cams and other substantial mods to get it up that high. Unfortunately some 'tuners' have given the trade a bad name by tweaking figures to show big gains. In some cases possibly causing damage to the car like the guy on clio197.net that got a superchips bluefin, liked the way the car felt but found after taking it to a rolling road it was running way too lean and was about 10bhp down on peak power. Certainly not saying thats the case with this, but it can happen.

For me I would get it rolling roaded to check, I am having my 197 'roaded at one I trust before and after having it mapped, yes the one I trust may not be 100% correct (non are) but having the before and after will show the changes.

weebob":l9ovj9cn said:
If you got the result you wanted then its job done.

I would of thought you would be looking at kams and other substantial mods to got it up that high. Unfortunately some 'tuners' have given the trade a bad name by tweaking figures to show big gains.

Hmmm, alright, ill take it to mulgari (ben) get a RR there too.

I did think 155 at the fly wheel was high.
So if it's true, 124 on the floor is good yeah ?

Yup considering my 133 was 100ish at the wheels and estimated 133 at the flywheel. That was with only a air filter.

twingo%252520dyno.jpg

No I agree with you. But their comment regarding the most powerful they'd done. Unless they took the car down to where mulgari actually is, I can't see how. As far as I know karls was the first they've done and Dazs was the only other I've heard of them doing. And they were sent to mulgari not birmingham.

maggi112":14h543s2 said:
No I agree with you. But their comment regarding the most powerful they'd done. Unless they took the car down to where mulgari actually is, I can't see how. As far as I know karls was the first they've done and Dazs was the only other I've heard of them doing. And they were sent to mulgari not birmingham.

They said they've had about three more down there. and then all the ecu's from mulgari.
They've also had a twingo with a turbo down there?
Didn't have picture evidence tho haha!

I'm gunna get a rolling road at mulgari too. Get the results there and see what happens.

It'll be a gt the one with turbo bid and does seem high

Mulgari hasn't got there own rollers, its just a small barn... They take all there stuff to birmingham.

It's annoying how much difference there is between rollers, As you can't compare this one really against Karl's and Dazs if the rollers are different.....

Gareth":36yk173y said:
Mulgari hasn't got there own rollers, its just a small barn... They take all there stuff to birmingham.

Ah i'm so confused. So the rollers i used might be the same as Daz's and Karl's?