Lower Balljoint Shield

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oscar":2v61bnbw said:
i forgot to take a note, i just remember being told 'months mate...but can get you them no problem', wouldn't be too expensive although my advice would be to get to a fabrication / welding shop and have them make up a little heat shield or to a garage that's savvy with this kind of thing! this renaultsport parts only a bit of bent / drilled metal it's nothing special mate.

i'll inbox you the price tomorrow though

I suppose your right about the shield thing. God damn balljoints LOL, if you wouldnt mind that would be great, in the mean time I shall speak with a mysterious welder haha. Seriously appreciate the time and effort you've put into this, if only renault hq were so dilgent!

jkc89":1zy9t8z3 said:
oscar":1zy9t8z3 said:
i forgot to take a note, i just remember being told 'months mate...but can get you them no problem', wouldn't be too expensive although my advice would be to get to a fabrication / welding shop and have them make up a little heat shield or to a garage that's savvy with this kind of thing! this renaultsport parts only a bit of bent / drilled metal it's nothing special mate.

I suppose your right about the shield thing. God damn balljoints LOL, if you wouldnt mind that would be great, in the mean time I shall speak with a mysterious welder haha. Seriously appreciate the time and effort you've put into this, if only renault hq were so dilgent!

no worries, always keen to help folk out wherever i can
yeah it's ridiculous trying to track down twingo R1/R2 parts. being a renaultsport part, it IS available to any renault dealership if we are strict about it but the problem is that they will not order the parts in as there is no mark up for them. even with monstersport europe etc it'd be easier getting a knighthood from the queen than it would be ordering X part of Y part from a rallly spec twingo. these balljoint shields, as well as basic brackets etc are the bread and butter type work of any fabricator. it's going to be sheet steel, bent into shape at a total cost of about 50 pence or a pound if you include the washers and the bolt. obviously all you'd be paying for is labour so it could be 40-70.

honestly though it's something i'll need to look into making up for everyone on here. could sell them as a whole kit for £15 and many a ball joint shall be 'saved'

oscar":anivknst said:
jkc89":anivknst said:
oscar":anivknst said:

no worries, always keen to help folk out wherever i can
yeah it's ridiculous trying to track down twingo R1/R2 parts. being a renaultsport part, it IS available to any renault dealership if we are strict about it but the problem is that they will not order the parts in as there is no mark up for them. even with monstersport europe etc it'd be easier getting a knighthood from the queen than it would be ordering X part of Y part from a rallly spec twingo. these balljoint shields, as well as basic brackets etc are the bread and butter type work of any fabricator. it's going to be sheet steel, bent into shape at a total cost of about 50 pence or a pound if you include the washers and the bolt. obviously all you'd be paying for is labour so it could be 40-70.

honestly though it's something i'll need to look into making up for everyone on here. could sell them as a whole kit for £15 and many a ball joint shall be 'saved'

It's definitely a good idea. Anyone who experiences the balljoint dilemma should seriously go down that route....the only way to extend the lifespan. If you did make up a kit you can bet your bottom dollar there'd be plenty of demand on here.