leather speedo hood cover

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll have to look into photos another time.
I used the hair dryer, spray glue and patience. I'm not very patient at all but managed it with some help

Didn't think about using the hair dryer... What type of spray glue did you use? I just used some PVA like glue to try and get it to stick (it worked almost too well..)

Proper fabric spray glue from a can. Gave me enough time to get it sitting right before it went off. Like o say it's not 100% but I'm pretty happy with it

I bought one and haven't fitted, but spray glue and a hairdryer sound like a plan.

Anyone want a yellow stitched gaiter like ths for £15? PM me if you do.

DJ_JAM good perseverance, looks great in the end! Any pictures of it fitted?

Think I'm gonna give this a go, top gaiters sell a gearshift gaiter in the same orange stitching too...

Cheers

Yeah I'm in contact with them over a gear gaiter and handbrake cover.
Don't get me wrong it wasn't easy to fit but I'm happy with the outcome now :)
Try get fitted pics later

Hi guys, had mine skinned in leather and looks great, only issue is during the summer when the suns on it the leather lifts in the centre off the heat, I've just finished peeling it off and using some industrial glue I had in the garage we'll see if it helps!

7eb6dd784be10267b30cc542852f1c8f.jpg
3b9ffa62f2e2353f145b781c20011829.jpg

sullii94":2ieejkr8 said:
If only the stitching was orange :(
I'm thinking of selling mine..
it's orange stitching too. Not 100% and has lifted slightly in the middle but could be sorted I think.
Would sell it fitted to the cover already.

DJ_JAM":38f79ssw said:
sullii94":38f79ssw said:
If only the stitching was orange :(
I'm thinking of selling mine..
it's orange stitching too. Not 100% and has lifted slightly in the middle but could be sorted I think.
Would sell it fitted to the cover already.

Okay mate, I'll let you know I'm skint atm, got a new turbo to be saving up for! :(