leather speedo hood cover

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DJ_JAM

Reaction score
Anybody brought one off ebay?
They look great in the facelift so just wanting to see how good these ebay jobbies look :)

Praying they are as good as thry look

I know nick got his hood cover covered in leather but that was custom work on a liquid yellow facelift. I think it is a progress thread on here

currieravfc":13kzt619 said:
I know nick got his hood cover covered in leather but that was custom work on a liquid yellow facelift. I think it is a progress thread on here
I've gone and brought one :D see how it turns out..

I've just had a look is it the 29.99 leather skin cover? I wouldn't mind seeing some pictures of that once its done.

I'd love to see it put in the twinog as well as it would make the gordini interior look so much better.

I'll get some pics once fitted :) yeah went for for the orange stitching to match the seats etc.
Yes Ebay for £29.99
Expensive in some people's eyes but worth the risk I think

I'm looking at the white stitching one. I'll wait to see how your one is until I buy mine :p

My Speedo cover arrived! Anyone know how to take the plastic cover off. The matt black plastic in the photo not the painted black plastic

IMG_8437_zpsp1hzis2i.jpg

Will just pull off mate, quite a few clips around it though so just take your time and try not to break any!

Mines here too! Eeek
It arrived before I even collected the car lol

Looks very difficult to fit properly :/ may decide to pay someone to do it properly

Is it cut to the exact size? Or does it need stretching and then cut down a bit maybe? I guess you could test fit it with some double sided tape or something maybe, and then glue it with an adhesive

It's very difficult to get perfectly smooth and with the stitching around the front in line. Didn't want to glue it and mess it up lol

There's actually too much fabric where the bulge is for the speedo.

692c8b36c44833742a372c740a361166.jpg

It ends up looking like this

b0ca269cbb45322246937d06a0f26d67.jpg

But I'm not letting it beat me...

df9ea4b233141f755c2ae0f1fd854d32.jpg

I'm having the same problems tbh. I'll see what yours turns out like and maybe have a bash :)

I've given up on it. The stencil that they used for cutting the leather to shape is just incorrect which is bloody annoying. I've spent about 4-5 hours today trying to get it to bloody fit.

I've messaged top gaitors to see if they can sort it out as it just doesn't fit properly like it says.

I've done exactly the same mate. Not happy with the fitting at all tbh. I even think it's too short around the back

Right ive had another go at it with instructions from top gaitors. If I can work out how to upload pics I will :)
It's not 100% but I'm fairly happy with it considering the shape isn't great from the off