Ktec Racing remap - anyone used these guys?

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stunty

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've been a Renaultsport admirer for many years now. Problem has been that my best mate works for Ford, and he's particularly good at selling me cars - and not always fast ones. However out of the FOUR he sold me one was a 2007 Fiesta ST. I liked the car but after growing up around Honda Vtecs and in particular a DC2 Integra the 2.0 litre Ford lump seemed a bit lazy and lacking in top end fizz.

Anyway my point is that I took it to an after market tuner (Pumaspeed) for cams, decat and a remap and they ruined it. I shall not go in to the numerous ways they ruined it other than to say stalling at traffic lights and roundabouts was a common affair. Whilst I'm a bit disappointed that the only 'performance package' Ktec advertise for the 133 is the air filter and remap but has anyone tried it? Are they a good bunch of guys and do their maps bring positive results? I've seen their bhp/torque graph but how does it change the cars character?

Depending on what you folk say about them I may give them a go.

Thanks,

Ps - I don't yet have a profile pic as it only seems to accept 140x140 images and won't resize itself. Will sort it out soon.

There has t been too much on the 133 but ktec are just about to release there new manifold back exhaust system which there claiming with a map puts out over 150brake also cat cams are working on cams at mo too bud

I feel happy that the new style 2012 133 uses the same engine, as I hold out hope this will encourage continued development of performance parts. 150 bhp would be very nice so I have my fingers crossed.

150 bhp would be in keeping up with Clio rs territory (197 and 200) on bendies coz I power to weight ;)

150 from those little things? That's a bit jump... 27hp + from exhaust filter and map?

Jjay":2kwwn2dl said:
150 from those little things? That's a bit jump... 27hp + from exhaust filter and map?

That's 150 is from Ktec's new manifold and remap (I believe their car already has their exhaust and filter). As they have posted results of this on their Facebook page.

A fast road profile set of cams are being manufactured currently as well so even more hp may be gained

It's 17 bhp bud and the exhaust is totally different to standard

Even if the exhaust is super good, unless they got a formula 1 engineer to calculate the air flow and weld the thing out of high grade titanium, i doubt they get so much gain out of the engine with simply a remap and a better exhaust.
Anyway, the discussion is about remapping... there is an exhaust thread if you wanna fight over exhaust numbers...

I just had mine remapped by Mulgari it's goes well now or other people have used rs tunin

Yotah the mk2 VTRs were the same exhaust and map wise

Yeah I saw that I hit 2 instead of 1 as I'm on phone. My bad. But hey ho.. Either that or my Nathan really is terrible? Then in that case thank god I'm a chef ;)

I know James Hilton has(had) a K-Tec remap and exhaust with a decatted manifold on his Gordini. For the short time I've been in it, it seemed prety good.

Ok Singlespeed that's positive I suppose. Following Ktec on Facebook now and they seem a professional setup so I'll give them a shout once I have a couple of thousand on the clock. Would be interested to know how the Renaultsport Monitor responds to tuning and engine remapping i.e does it continue to report accurate bhp and torque figures? I really hope it does as I'd be disappointed to find out it only reports predicted/simulated figures based on the standard car.

bit offtopic, but you don't really think that those figures presented from the RS monitor are accurate, do you? even the oiltemp is calculated (the twingo doesn't even have a sensor to pick up oiltemp to begin with). so is torque and bhp... it's just a gimmick like the bhp gauge in the bugatti veyron... if you want to know bhp and torque, you still have to visit your favourite rolling road...

OK so you're saying that even with remaps, exhausts, cams and even a chuff off turbo charger the RSM will report the same bhp and torque figures as a standard car. At least the 0-62 timer will still be accurate I suppose and a good measure of any performance increase.

singlespeed":13r4h46v said:
I know James Hilton has(had) a K-Tec remap and exhaust with a decatted manifold on his Gordini. For the short time I've been in it, it seemed prety good.

Yeah my Gordini has a K-Tec map and their Cat Back system. Before the map it was producing around 124 bhp but afterwards it was producing around 131 bhp off the top of my head. :S I've never had any problems with it and I've had it for around 18 months now. I only had the car standard for a day but from what I remember it did make quite a noticeable difference and sounded great if you don't mind a loud car. I also had a K and N Apollo kit fitted a few months later so I'd imagine it'd be around 135 bhp mark.

Also I'm picking my facelift 133 up this week. It's going to have the RS monitor fitted but I'll be taking the car for a wee trip down to K-Tec. Will the RS monitor not react to the modifications?

James-Hilton":1lq4jm0r said:
singlespeed":1lq4jm0r said:

Yeah my Gordini has a K-Tec map and their Cat Back system. Before the map it was producing around 124 bhp but afterwards it was producing around 131 bhp off the top of my head. :S I've never had any problems with it and I've had it for around 18 months now. I only had the car standard for a day but from what I remember it did make quite a noticeable difference and sounded great if you don't mind a loud car. I also had a K and N Apollo kit fitted a few months later so I'd imagine it'd be around 135 bhp mark.
I recon you'll be loosing power with the Apollo tbh bud

a mate I know from newcastle way, had a powerflow exhaust and and a K&N Apollo on his dini 133 was only running 117bhp like :/
when its released im gonna go for a Ktec Manifold and Exhaust system like :)